Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
ISOTOPES4

Drives: 2013 3 door
Just got a 2013 Yaris.

Its my 1st Toyota. I am a Roadside Assistance Provider, so i drive a LOT. (100++ miles a day). My 1993 Civic Hatchback gave up the ghost last week, with 366,000 on the odometer. (its an easy but tedious fix. Ill get around to it one day and keep it as a backup car). I need something good on gas, reliable, and inexpensive, so i chose a Yaris liftback. Its Magnetic Grey Metallic. I got the base model, opting to get an automatic transmission since i am constantly multitasking while driving. The hatch area has the perfect amount of room for my tools. I need to do a little bit of customization. Just need to pick up a spare hatch bottom that i can hack up. Im sure ill be around with some questions and hopefully will be able to offer some advice at some point!
ISOTOPES4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Good for you! I hope you have many trouble free miles in your new Yaris.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
DJYojimbo

Drives: 2012 Grey Toyota Yaris SE
Congrats!
DJYojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Thats great! Good luck with the Yaris its probably perfect for what you do.

But...multitasking while driving sounds scary. You arent texting are you? You cant help your customers if you get in an accident on the way there...
Old 04-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Congrats and welcome.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
ISOTOPES4

Drives: 2013 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Thats great! Good luck with the Yaris its probably perfect for what you do.

But...multitasking while driving sounds scary. You arent texting are you? You cant help your customers if you get in an accident on the way there...
I get dispatched thru texts. I respond with a simple 'OK', then input the address into my GPS if needed. i may have to respond while driving 2 or 3 times a day. If im driving, I only type into the GPS at red lights/stop signs.

Ironically the Toyota comes with Roadside Assistance. My company contracts with Toyota.

ISOTOPES4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOTOPES4 View Post
Its my 1st Toyota. I am a Roadside Assistance Provider, so i drive a LOT. (100++ miles a day). My 1993 Civic Hatchback gave up the ghost last week, with 366,000 on the odometer. (its an easy but tedious fix. Ill get around to it one day and keep it as a backup car). I need something good on gas, reliable, and inexpensive, so i chose a Yaris liftback. Its Magnetic Grey Metallic. I got the base model, opting to get an automatic transmission since i am constantly multitasking while driving. The hatch area has the perfect amount of room for my tools. I need to do a little bit of customization. Just need to pick up a spare hatch bottom that i can hack up. Im sure ill be around with some questions and hopefully will be able to offer some advice at some point!
Hey, we're on similar tracks.
We replaced my wife's 1993 Hyundai with a 2012 Yaris base model and are totally pleased with it. Your practical highly experienced input is always welcome. And you chose the perfect car for the job... in that you'll never need to be the recipient of roadside assistance.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #8
b20vteg
no show, no go :(

Drives: 2012 yaris 3dr hb
Send a message via MSN to b20vteg
Quote:
Ironically the Toyota comes with Roadside Assistance. My company contracts with Toyota.
congrats, and welcome! would be funny if you called for roadside assist and you end up being dispatched on it lol...
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
bronsin

Quote:
I get dispatched thru texts. I respond with a simple 'OK', then input the address into my GPS if needed. i may have to respond while driving 2 or 3 times a day. If im driving, I only type into the GPS at red lights/stop signs.

OK. Im not sure how to take this whole texting thing. I see young girls texting completely oblivious to what is going on around them. My wife uses her cell phone all the time driving, but only at lights. If need be she pulls over.
I dont have a problem with that.

I drive a small car and ride motorcycles so I do the best I can to be safe.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
oh give me a break. Texting while driving is easy and 100% safe if you are not a total moron. typing 2 letters and pressing send is not a big deal. I can do that without taking my eyes off the road at all.

The problem is 99% of the human race are total morons, not that texting while driving is difficult.

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy your Yaris just as much as the civic.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
Absolutely Red 12
Asshole

Drives: 2012 and 2013!
Quote:
Congrats!!

Spare hatch cover, can be made with a piece of plywood, and a jig saw!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
My 2010 has a Texting button on the Radio play buttons. It's not active though.
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #13
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
OK. Im not sure how to take this whole texting thing. I see young girls texting completely oblivious to what is going on around them. My wife uses her cell phone all the time driving, but only at lights. If need be she pulls over.
I dont have a problem with that.

I drive a small car and ride motorcycles so I do the best I can to be safe.
Definitely keep a watchful eye. In April of 2012 I was south on Biscayne Blvd (in Miami and north of Miami). Over the course of a few miles on 3 separate occasions I got behind cars that were floating out of their lanes, then partially back in and on and on. I eventually passed each one. Two times the driver was a teenage girl. The other time the driver was a 70 odd year old man. All three were in the middle of texting and NOT LOOKING AT THE ROAD AT ALL!
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
bronsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Definitely keep a watchful eye. In April of 2012 I was south on Biscayne Blvd (in Miami and north of Miami). Over the course of a few miles on 3 separate occasions I got behind cars that were floating out of their lanes, then partially back in and on and on. I eventually passed each one. Two times the driver was a teenage girl. The other time the driver was a 70 odd year old man. All three were in the middle of texting and NOT LOOKING AT THE ROAD AT ALL!
I see things like that quite often.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #15
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
oh give me a break. Texting while driving is easy and 100% safe if you are not a total moron. typing 2 letters and pressing send is not a big deal. I can do that without taking my eyes off the road at all.

The problem is 99% of the human race are total morons, not that texting while driving is difficult.

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy your Yaris just as much as the civic.
LOL there are a lot of people who cant seem to drive even with 2 eyes on the road and 2 hands on wheel.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote