Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Yaris Road Trips

Post yours here. Use formatting below. Tell us (and show us) about it!

My first Yaris road trip: a small one to see how the little Yaris does with the big rigs on a leisurely pleasure cruise.

Acworth, GA to Chattanooga, TN

Route: US 41N to I-75N

Miles: 100 one-way (approx).

Purpose: to take 4-year old daughter to see Ruby Falls. A cave with a waterfall below Lookout Mountain.

Links:
http://rubyfalls.com/
http://www.stickyfingersonline.com/l...l.asp?restID=4
http://www.chattanoogafun.com/

Photos:

Driving Conditions: Windy. 38 degrees F. Major crosswinds. Sunny. Medium traffic.

On The Road Notes: Drove at or just below the speed limit (70 mph) to get a feel of highway mileage. I averaged 38 MPG for entire trip. It was quite windy and the car was battling crosswinds.

Was passed by millions of idiots in trucks, cars, and vans doing 90+, no signals, whipping in and out of traffic (pricks!). The truck drivers behaved and gave me plenty of space.

Saw a Georgia State Patrol unit sitting in the shadow of an underpass running laser. Glad I was doing the limit. Bastards!

Was held up in traffic near the GA/TN line due to a wreck where a Honda Civic hatch and a Mitsu EVO tangled (probably racing).

My daughter loved Ruby Falls and the underground cave waterfall. I ordered an awesome full rack of ribs from Sticky Fingers barbeque in downtown Chattanooga and took them home with us back to Acworth.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
DorytheYaris
aka Eleni

Drives: 10 Yaris LB Auto- Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Post yours here. Use formatting below. Tell us (and show us) about it!

My first Yaris road trip: a small one to see how the little Yaris does with the big rigs on a leisurely pleasure cruise.

Acworth, GA to Chattanooga, TN

Route: US 41N to I-75N

Miles: 100 one-way (approx).

Purpose: to take 4-year old daughter to see Ruby Falls. A cave with a waterfall below Lookout Mountain.

Links:
http://rubyfalls.com/
http://www.stickyfingersonline.com/l...l.asp?restID=4
http://www.chattanoogafun.com/

Photos:

Driving Conditions: Windy. 38 degrees F. Major crosswinds. Sunny. Medium traffic.

On The Road Notes: Drove at or just below the speed limit (70 mph) to get a feel of highway mileage. I averaged 38 MPG for entire trip. It was quite windy and the car was battling crosswinds.

Was passed by millions of idiots in trucks, cars, and vans doing 90+, no signals, whipping in and out of traffic (pricks!). The truck drivers behaved and gave me plenty of space.

Saw a Georgia State Patrol unit sitting in the shadow of an underpass running laser. Glad I was doing the limit. Bastards!

Was held up in traffic near the GA/TN line due to a wreck where a Honda Civic hatch and a Mitsu EVO tangled (probably racing).

My daughter loved Ruby Falls and the underground cave waterfall. I ordered an awesome full rack of ribs from Sticky Fingers barbeque in downtown Chattanooga and took them home with us back to Acworth.
I looove Ruby Falls! My boyfriend and I went last year. We go to Tennessee every summer. I've been there about 4 or 5 times.. did you go to Rock City as well?
Current owner 2010 4 dr Liftback - Totaled after 5 months :'( Blazing Blue
DorytheYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
drell42

Drives: Blank
Nanaimio BC to Whistler BC

Route - Sea to Sky Highway

Distance - 170km (105m) plus around 100km past

Purpose - to see my girlfriend, I hadnt seen her in a week

Links - http://www.tourismwhistler.com/
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:54 PM   #4
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorytheYaris View Post
I looove Ruby Falls! My boyfriend and I went last year. We go to Tennessee every summer. I've been there about 4 or 5 times.. did you go to Rock City as well?

No. Did Rock City last Summer.

BTW, my trips to Chattanooga are low-cost economy (in keeping with Yaris principle). As a member of the travel industry I receive free admission to all the tourist sites (Aquarium, IMAX, Rock City, Incline, etc...).

It cost me $6 to enter Ruby Falls (my daughter's admission price). Of course I splurged on the tourist picture they take at the beginning (had to have it!)

Total time spent at Ruby: 3 hours ($2 per hour). What a bargain.

Forgot to add that my Yaris received special attention in the parking lot. When I parked the teenage attendant looked all around the car and I let him sit in it. When we returned to the car, he and another attendant were standing right by the car watching over it. It was like we had personal security!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
MrJester

Drives: homo
Norfolk, VA to Jackson, TN

Route: 64W to 81N to 40W

Miles: 850mi one way

Purpose: Visiting with my family

Driving Conditions:
Very Windy, 36-43F, Sunny, Light to Medium Traffic

On The Road Notes: Car handled very well the winds seem to shake up the car a bit but it was quite windy. I really enjoyed the drive in my Yaris avg about 38mpg.
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
First weekend I had my Yaris I took it from Blacksburg, VA to Princeton, WV to get some liquor you cant buy in VA. Very nice ride. It was snowing a lil near WV but that didnt even phase the Yaris. Oh yeah, its about 45min to an hour each way.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #7
sf180th
Back in USA in days!

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to sf180th
Bowling Green, OH to Arlington, VA

Route: 80/90 to some other road, then a left, two more lefts and a right.

Miles: 740mi one way

Purpose: Visiting my brother

Driving Conditions: Very Windy, 30-35F, Sunny, Medium Traffic

On The Road Notes: Great first lond distance trip, car was great, had lots of double and triple takes at my car. Handled great through the Mountians in PA. People in D.C. drive like maniacs!!!! Other than that great first leg (arrived today in VA).
Kazera KZ-V Silver Rims, with 215-35-18 Kumho ESCTA ASX, TRD Springs, TRD Sway Bar, Fujita CAI, Blitz R-Vit i-Color, Blitz Throttle Controller, Megan Header, 2.25 Stainless Cat back Exhuast, 50 Series Flowmaster muffler, 6000k HID.
sf180th is offline   Reply With Quote