Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
salmonz

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
2007 Toyota Yaris

So this morning my ABS and ! light went off too.

Brought the car to the dealership almost immediately. They scanned the car and the right rear ABS sensor is corroded and has to be replaced.

My car is a 2007 Toyota Yaris, 57000km. It's been really cold and slushy lately.

I asked the dealership to check the left one and they said they have to charge me $59. I gave them $1it, saying I won't wait for a computer to tell me something needs to be replaced when the tech can just look at it. My warranty is almost done and I'm not going to be on the hook for something that is defective from the beginning. They agreed to check the left one free of charge. They came back and the tech said it looked fine. They also said 1 out of 31 they've seen lately is on the left. I told them fine, just replace the right one. When the left one goes, I'll tell them about today and hold them to it that it should have been covered under warranty. I'm not paying $500 for something that should have been dealt with and fixed by Toyota.

They can't repair it today as 31 right rear sensors are on backorder. "31"!!!
There's definitely a problem with the Toyota Yaris's out there. There should be a recall for both left and right rear sensors.
salmonz is offline   Reply With Quote