Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
sylvermagyk

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris liftback
Fog lights, or parking lights stopped working

I really hope I am not repeating someone else's post, but there are so many threads, I couldn't find anything, so I am posting a new one. All of the lights in my 2007 Yaris liftback work except for the, well, foglights or are they called parking lights? The headlights both brights and norm work fine, my brake lights and rear lights work fine, the reverse lights are fine, all interior lights are fine, turn signals are fine, but the parking lights won't come on at all. I guess they aren't necessary because it passed inspection without them working. I think they are also called running lights. They would flicker on and off, and if I hit the side of the car would come back on, but now they are compeltely out. Is it just a bulb change, or could it be a fuse? And how would I fix either of those? Thanks!
sylvermagyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Are you referring to the lights that come on when you turn the headlight switch one click?

If so, on the liftback there are two separate bulb on each side - One in the headlight assembly (referred to as the parking light) and the other is the little plastic chunk on the side of the front fenders (referred to as the side marker light).

If those are the ones you are referring to, do any of the four illuminate, and with the switch in that position are the taillights on?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
sylvermagyk

No and yes

None of the front four come on, but the tailights do. And yes that was exactly what I was referring to.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvermagyk View Post
None of the front four come on, but the tailights do. And yes that was exactly what I was referring to.
It seems strange that all four bulbs would be out, but it's not a fuse since the tails work. I would pop one of the bulbs and see if there is power on one pin and a solid ground on the other. If so, then it really is bad bulbs.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
sylvermagyk

Thanks

I will have to have the boyfriend check that out for me, and I will get back to you.