Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-08-2007, 02:04 AM   #1
yup101

Drives: yaris 2007 sedan automatic
Need some advice! i want my yaris asap :)

I need to get this car as soon as possible (possibly by next week). I have a several questions regarding 2007 yaris sedan automatic. here it goes..

1)I want power lock, power window, and FM/AM radio option. Can i get these seperately without power package?

2)Base on admonds.com
msrp+ power lock& window+ delivery charge = 13,920
Invocie + power lock& window+ delivery charge = 13,030
what would be the best deal with these price?

3)How should I deal with dealer (this is first time I am buying a car)? Do I need to print out the TMV price that i got from edmonds.com and show to dealer and possibly go from there?

4)Which site is most accurate site to see the car price?

Thank you so much for you guys support!!
p.s I am going to the dealer tomorrow :)
yup101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:32 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
as far as the power package, try to get a base sedan and get the power package else where. i got my power package through Toyota with their aftermarket company, Autohaus. it cost me 1400 and is not worth it. gave me many problems. you can find a power package out there for a lot cheaper. just ask if it will void your warranty first.

with the salesman, haggle with them. try anything, but i don't think they will care about online prices. if they're stubborn, threaten them by saying that you will just go to another dealership. they usually want to make a sale for their commision, so they might give in. good luck.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #3
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
If you want your new Yaris next week, you are going to have to accept one of the vehicles on the local dealer's lots, or in port right now. Can you check your region's dealer inventory online?

Salesmen definitely can look on the Toyota computer system and see what's out there that they might be able to trade for. Our salesman (a Fleet Manager) delivered our loaded stick-shift HB in 3 weeks, and my sister's loaded A/T HB in about 2-3 months. The fact that we had also bought a 2006 4Runner from him a few months earlier no doubt helped.

#1) You need to line-up your own financing (credit unions are good source of decent cost auto loans). If the dealer can beat their rate - GREAT. (I don't mean a lower payment, I mean a lower interest rate.)

#2) Costco has a good auto buying program for it's members. You may not get the absolutely lowest price, but you will get a fair deal at less than MSRP. If you are a Costco member (or can become one) go through the procedure as outlined on their website. It worked great for us as well as my sister - and it beats haggeling, especially if you have never bought a car before.

Good Luck!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
sanchez
vroooom!

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
ok first of all dont let them know its your first time buying a car. secondly try to get financing from your own bank or credit union this was you have more control over the price the guy can give you. see if a bank will approve you for like lets says 16000 and then tell the salesman that your bank approved you a 14500 dollar loan. Then wait to see what his next move will be.
sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote