Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
We gotta start something up a lil further south :)

Well, i'm officially jealous of all the YW DFW owners. I know of only a few down here, none i've actually met in person. Maybe we could combine the Houston guys with DFW folks and meet somewhere in the middle. Where, i have no idea. This is just a brain storming session on how to get more of us together. Let me know if anyone is interested in getting something together. Im in far NW Houston, pass Kingwood heading north on 59.

Here is the final draft. Hope anyone who reads this is able to attend! http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22053

Last edited by Slick; 09-04-2009 at 10:38 AM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I know custom Lftback lives north of Houston in Willis. I'm up for metting somewhere in between. I think JT258 is moving from Houston to SA soon. TXkid lives out in Sugarland. Those are all the Yaris owners I know down in Houston but I think there are a few more down there. What we really need to do is get a whole TX meet. Is would be difficult to organize but would be a great time!! User frownonfun lives out east in Odessa, there is a owner that I have pm'd up in the panhandle, OZMDD lives in the DFW are but he said he has been very busy this summer and hasn't been on much and hasn't made it to any meets or auto-x's, go-cart ride and Wildmongoose26 live in the DFW area too and I have yet to meet any of them, also there are 3 others I think down in SA saplaymate, Mad Max, and one other I think. Is it bad that I know all that? But as for regular meetings it's usually Lazerdot, SaerinRhoe, and I.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
xxae07xx
hook em

Drives: black 08 lb
houston! autox aug. 30th...gulf grey hound park...
xxae07xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
jminshew

Drives: 2007 Polar White Sedan
Sugar Land yaris owner here. We could pick one or more of the roads from this site http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/tx.html and take a fun drive.
jminshew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

^ That's a cool site you got there.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Slick

Hell, DFW is only how far from me? Less than a 3 hour drive. I could meet yall somewhere up north maybe the bottom of dal or something.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

It's funny because the south side of Dallas is like 45 mins to an hour from me an I live on the south side of Fort Worth!!
Old 08-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
I know there's a guy down in Greune or Gruene Texas (pronounced green). That's right by new Braunfels and I think that's close to the halfway mark. I'd love to meet up with more folks from Houston or S.A. and have a bigger meet.

LRR, LazerDot and I have made a group trip down to Houston and LRR goes down there a lot. I've been down once on my own and we've all met folks from the Houston area. I've never been to S.A. so I'd LOVE to meet there and see the sights.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I love to drive and travel so I'm up for whatever. It's just going to need some serious planning maybe a month or 2 out. Or just have everyone meet in different cities each month, but to get it started 2 cities are going ot have to agree on traveling to the other one. So each month we would all rotate around SA, Houston, and DFW. I bet Mike would be happy to host us at the NST showroom and parking lot and I have no problem having BBQ's at my house. We can get this going and show up the California guys on meets!!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #10
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
We had talked about Gruene previously...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Would no one be interested in rotating? (at least this way everyone can make it to the one in there city) If the guys for SA want the meet in there city to be in Gruene that's ok with me but I feel in order to get everyone togeather it would have to be an equal distance for everyone to drive College Station?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #12
Slick

Thumbs up

Hell yeah, I think the rotation is a pretty good idea! A minimum of a month notice at least for sure. That way, those of us with convoluted schedules can make time. I will definitely start coming to greet n meets as long as im off work. (i work fri, sat, & sun and school mon & wed btw). Id love to mix my audio know how with others performance/cosmetic know how. Heck, i'd even bring a sub stage install kit and wire someones ride up for free :) for those that may be on the timid side of electronics.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 AM   #13
jminshew

Drives: 2007 Polar White Sedan
I'm up for rotation. I love making weekend trips to other cities. How about a timeframe. First weekend in December?
jminshew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
Slick

Well, were fixing to roll into september so im thinking we should shoot for something during mid/end of oct or nov. I like the idea of college station but idk how "in the middle" it is. Im on my phone right now, but i'll look at interactive map later to find out an approximate middle :) I don't mind traveling to different cities. I mean, we live in texas, a long trip is anything over a day of driving :)
Old 08-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

If everyone is willing to drive for the "First Texas Yaris Yak" I will host it at my house. We can BBQ have a pot luck of sorts. I have a big garage for working on cars. I did Lazerdot's brake at one of our meets!! I have a big back yard and pool so you can can bring your kids if you have any. We do enforce a family friendly enviorment so swim suits are necessary for any one wanting to swim. I'm thinking about mid Oct. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
Slick

Sounds good to me man. You mind linking a mapquest to your location so we can get an idea of where you live, for those of us who haven't been there Im really up for anything anywhere, so long as it has a definitive date.

Last edited by Slick; 08-23-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Here you go. Lets get a couple more people in here to finally decide on a date.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Cr...&zipcode=76036
Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #18
Slick

Yep, need some feedback from the rest of the Texas Yarii guys n gals.

Edit: and your only 4 hours away :)