Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #91
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
Too heavy a hitter for the more sensitive folks, I guess. I disagreed with him about 70% of the time, but found his diatribes intellectually stimulating in an adversarial kind of way. He was a mental sparring partner who could take a hit and keep punching.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #92
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Gene enjoyed seeing how far he could push moderators. til we pushed back, simple as that

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #93
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Gene was not banned due to his political beliefs. He was banned for saying something wildly inappropriate to me via PM. We will never ban people based on their beliefs, but the moderation staff does demand a certain level of respect that Gene was not willing to offer. That is all that needs to be said about it. Back on topic.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #94
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Fair 'nuff...
Old 08-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #95
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Well, if things were said through PM then we will never know what was said, but it had to be bad if it got him banned. I was about to lose every ounce of respect for the moderators on this forum if it was based on his beliefs.

Thank you guys for proving you aren't evil. lol
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #96
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
What do you guys think about the bilderbergers, illuminati, new world order, bohemian grove, the skulls, free masons, alan greenspan.
I love the Freemasons ... but I'm a bit partial, as I'm married to one
Old 08-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #97
JBougie
Banned

I am going to rant for a second. Very simple complaint ...

I am so damn sick of as soon as conservatives start doing what liberals have done FOREVER we get labeled as 'extremists' and 'dangerous' - yet, what is it when liberals do it? 'Peaceful protesting'

Really? REALLY?!? Ugh. It drives me INSANE.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #98
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
I am going to rant for a second. Very simple complaint ...

I am so damn sick of as soon as conservatives start doing what liberals have done FOREVER we get labeled as 'extremists' and 'dangerous' - yet, what is it when liberals do it? 'Peaceful protesting'

Really? REALLY?!? Ugh. It drives me INSANE.

that sux...wait till they release the dogs or the full force of the govt...forced dissapearance....baton cracking up skulls...fire hoses...put you in jail because of your beliefs...worst, killing you or your families...then, u really have something to complain about.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #99
TLyttle

I think that you should have a look around, JBougie, not just around the US. Check other countries to see how successful they are, regardless of the big difficulties your country face right now. Even Canada is doing better for a few simple reasons, not the least of which how horrible "liberalism" is when applied to a civilised society. Many people see the US as being less and less civilised as time goes by. It wouldn't hurt you to see why, simply by getting some perspective.

Not meant as criticism, just a quiet suggestion...
Old 08-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #100
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
I think that you should have a look around, JBougie, not just around the US. Check other countries to see how successful they are, regardless of the big difficulties your country face right now. Even Canada is doing better for a few simple reasons, not the least of which how horrible "liberalism" is when applied to a civilised society. Many people see the US as being less and less civilised as time goes by. It wouldn't hurt you to see why, simply by getting some perspective.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Government is the answer to all our problems. Screw having to be responsible for yourself.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #101
JBougie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaya1221 View Post
that sux...wait till they release the dogs or the full force of the govt...forced dissapearance....baton cracking up skulls...fire hoses...put you in jail because of your beliefs...worst, killing you or your families...then, u really have something to complain about.
That won't start for another few years.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #102
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post

No offense as Canada is a great country but,

may I ask what Canada creates/invents, leads in, or is there any technological advances they have made for society, ect..?

The majority of all technology, invention, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit comes from only a few countries and the most being the USA. Others being Japan, Germany, and a couple of others to a lesser extent.

It's our individual freedoms and liberties that have made this possible, not an intrusive government that cradles us to the grave with false promises.

That is why Obama is the most dangerous person to ever have influence on America. He is deconstructing America in favor of turning us toward a mediocre state where government controls all and the human spirit dies.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #103
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
WhileI am not the biggest Obama fan in the world this current questionable political situation is incomparably better than the heinious debacle that was the Bush Administration. Never has there been such an erosion of civil liberties, a loss of human rights and a covert restructuring of the nations laws and tax code to favor the intersts of large corporations and the super rich. The Treasury, and the banking system were looted, as well as the invested wealth of the poor, middle an even some of the upper classes. Was wire tapping not intrusive? Was the infringment of government on the internet, and the attempted imposition of religious tenants by government in what is supposed to be a nation with separation of church and state not a total disregard for the constitution. While I find some the PC advocacy of the current adminstration annoying, it is incomparably better than the neofacist destruction the rights of Americans that was Bushland.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 08-09-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #104
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
No offense as Canada is a great country but,

may I ask what Canada creates/invents, leads in, or is there any technological advances they have made for society, ect..?

The majority of all technology, invention, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit comes from only a few countries and the most being the USA. Others being Japan, Germany, and a couple of others to a lesser extent.
I don't really see how swinging technological schlongs has any bearing on the worth of a society.

Quote:
It's our individual freedoms and liberties that have made this possible, not an intrusive government that cradles us to the grave with false promises.

That is why Obama is the most dangerous person to ever have influence on America. He is deconstructing America in favor of turning us toward a mediocre state where government controls all and the human spirit dies.
Last time I checked the President is still limited to two four year terms and we have a representative Congress that actually has more bearing on what sorts of policies are implemented. What policies would Obama implement that, if proven harmful to American society and ideals, could not be repealed after he leaves office?

This is not the apocalypse. The Republicans will gain more seats next year. Probably not enough to gain a majority, but enough to remove the Dem majority we have now. Then things will stagnate, congress will be gridlocked until 2012 and we'll all get a chance to retain or remove Obama based upon his performance.

I guarantee you that your life will not be drastically altered between now and then. So please lighten up on the doomsday theatrics.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #105
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
That won't start for another few years.
that can't be! according to some people, 12/21/12 is the end of the world!

in any case, we still have few years to change things(better or worse....but, it's up to us)!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #106
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
I don't really see how swinging technological schlongs has any bearing on the worth of a society.

Last time I checked the President is still limited to two four year terms and we have a representative Congress that actually has more bearing on what sorts of policies are implemented. What policies would Obama implement that, if proven harmful to American society and ideals, could not be repealed after he leaves office?

This is not the apocalypse. The Republicans will gain more seats next year. Probably not enough to gain a majority, but enough to remove the Dem majority we have now. Then things will stagnate, congress will be gridlocked until 2012 and we'll all get a chance to retain or remove Obama based upon his performance.

I guarantee you that your life will not be drastically altered between now and then. So please lighten up on the doomsday theatrics.
The problem is that Obama has so many radicals on his side and it's enough to implement very damaging policies. Congress has never looked this way before. Just two of the bills being forced (Obama Care and Cap and Tax) would significantly damage our society and would be difficult to reverse (especially once government takes over health care). Notice how fast they are trying to force these things before people learn too much about them.

Sometimes it's almost impossible to reverse things. Look at Social Security and Medicare. Two programs with obligations of $57,000,000,000,000.00 (with a "T"). And Obama, Pelosi, Reed, Biden, and so many others want to double down on it.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #107
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ouch.. you serious with that post? for one your diaper wearing astronauts would have a tough time doing anything up there without the Canadarm (the robotic arm thats on every one of your shuttles AND the ISS.

Snowmobile....so you can hunt in the deepest snows and forests of Nebraska

Pharmaceuticals

Leader in aerospace design and R&D

Fiber optics

Peacekeeping

Oh and lets not forget who helps keep your butt safe in Afghanistan

read up it will help you avoid looking ignorant...sorry it had to be said
No offense was meant. I'm French Canadian myself. The point was to show how America, as it has been, has created an environment (freedom, capitalism, ect) that works the best at advancing society. All countries create something but realistically there are only a few that create and invent the majority of things.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #108
TLyttle

If Canada "invented" anything truly beneficial to the planet, it is peacekeeping, and Canada is proud of that role. Lots of other nations start fights, and Canada (until our current PM got in) was recognised as a truly neutral party who would keep the hotheads from killing off whole generations of each other. Some countries (I include the US in this) saw no value in such a role, and ignored Canada's contributions. Now we have taken on the role of aggressor (Afghanistan) and have lost the respect of many nations for this move; Mr Bush thought it was great...

We treat our citizens equally before the courts, maintain a health and pharmaceutical system that cannot bankrupt a person for getting sick, educate our children (all of them) to a very high standard, and keep handguns off the streets (most handguns in Canada seem to arrive illegally from the US). There is little to fear as one lives here, physically or financially. At the same time our Capital is filled with US firms lobbying our government to change as much of that as possible, particularly the NRA, and the HMO and drug company reps.

Many of our aerospace techs work in the US, the rest are still here working out airplanes and engines to move people as safely as possible. There are very few military machines built or designed here.

We have our share of geniuses and quacks here, same as ANY other country, and there are flaws as well, but (again like any other country) we do our best with what we have...
Closed Thread