Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #19
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I'd really rather avoid removing the fender since I've got a body kit and whatnot. It'll be a huge PITA. I'm not going to be able to get that quote today, hopefully next week. I hope they say they can fix it without pulling the fender off.

Some lawyer friends said that I could win if I took it to court, but it would cost me a ton more than it would be worth.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #20
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
I'd really rather avoid removing the fender since I've got a body kit and whatnot. It'll be a huge PITA. I'm not going to be able to get that quote today, hopefully next week. I hope they say they can fix it without pulling the fender off.

Some lawyer friends said that I could win if I took it to court, but it would cost me a ton more than it would be worth.
Without taking the fender off i think would still require taking the bumper and headlight off (for access to the fender by PDR). if you fix normally with metal filler it will be a very thick one which will take either millions of thin applications or one thick application (wrong way because metal filler dries up swollen/more swollen than when it was applied, plus it would then take millions of hours drying this up).

I may be wrong (or out of date with my methods--classic but proven ways).

your lawyer friends are correct. especially there in the US where all things cost an arm and a leg (compared to 3rd world countries like the phil).

in any case i wish you the best and although i don't want to wish them ill things, just think "what goes around comes around" for the shop that neglected their responsibilities to their customer.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #21
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
Why not try small claims court?

http://www.alabamalegalhelp.org/reso...l-claims-court
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
From what I've heard, it's very difficult to win a small claim without hiring a lawyer.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote