Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
My lucky day at the stealership

So a while back when I had run over a tire and it ruined the transmission (auto) pan, I ended up having to replace it since it was crushed in. I ended up having to drain the fluid of what I could, put a new pan on and refill it. I ended up having to refill maybe 4 qts overall. Considering that the car now has a bit over 100k on it and is driven quite alot, along with the fact that there's alot more than just 4 qts of fluid in the tranny, I decided to get a trans flush today.

So I call the stealer where I ended up buying my car from and they quoted me that it would be about $240 for the work. I've always had luck at this other dealer (I call them a dealer because these guys do some honest work and the best deals I've ever seen), they tell me it'll be $169. So of course I go to that dealership. Was only supposed to be about an hour or so but ended up taking closer to two hours. No big deal as long as the car is done right, I think they were just checking out the suspension mods honestly lol. Don't get too many modded Yariis in Detroit.

My sales guy comes up to me and hands me the keys and tell me everything checked out good in regards to the tranny flush and a inspection. He then tells me that the price should have been $240, not $169. But he said they will honor their word and charge me the $169 as they told me beforehand. I didn't have to haggle, I didn't have to talk them into it. Nothing. I thought that was very honorable and class act on their part.

If anyone needs work or maintenance done in the Detroit area (Dearborn Heights specifically), I highly suggest La Fontaine Toyota.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
NZ-FE Vios
Only Timing Chains

Drives: 09YarisSedan, 94Truck22re
Nice steal, Whatcha going to get with that extra 70$
NZ-FE Vios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Anyone who is in a business for the long term should realize that repeat customers are one of the most precious assets they can have.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Acually if they qouted you a price and you signed the work order for that price you were quoted, they had no choice but to honor the cheaper price.

Shure they did not haggele about it but, they knew they had no legal grounds to do so.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Antara

Drives: 08 Yaris HB
The last time I had my Yaris in for an oil change the tech said should be done in about 1 hour. 2 hours later he came out and said the oil change is free because I had to wait to long.
Antara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #6
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Great to hear good news about a dealership!

Some of the dealerships around here (non Toyota) make me wonder how they stay in business with the stunts they pull and the way they treat people.

Did they change the AT filter as well or just do a flush?
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Great to hear good news about a dealership!

Some of the dealerships around here (non Toyota) make me wonder how they stay in business with the stunts they pull and the way they treat people.

Did they change the AT filter as well or just do a flush?
most modern cars don't have a "real" filter, just a screen.

around here (the Toyota dealership I work at) trans flush (using BG chemicals) is 140 I think
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #8
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Well when the pan was injured during the running over the tire, it crushed in so far that it smashed the filter screen. So I replaced the screen when I replaced the pan. And that's all it really was honestly, was a screen with mesh, not really a fiberous filter or anything.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #9
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
My filter/screen appeared to be a coarse felt when I changed it out. If you changed yours out previously then you are probably all set. I agree they don't look like they would clog and get restrictive very easily.

Good call having your trans serviced, I say!
Attached Images

"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote