Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
Reeves360

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
VIP RS3200 Models

I need some big help here guys.

I'm trying to get the Toyota VIP system for my new Yaris Sedan 5-Speed with out factory key less entry.

When I was ordering my car the dealer told me that in order to get key less entry I had to buy the VIP system. They got me every other option that I wanted, I signed the papers, and they said to take the car we'll order the VIP system and install it next week.

Now it's next week and they are telling me that 1st I can either have my money back or take a shitty pursuit alarm.

There are multiple part numbers for the Yaris VIP system depending on which options your car came with.

The dealer is now telling me that I can have the VIP system but it wont come with key less entry.

When I designed a car on Toyota.com there is no option in my region for key less entry. From what I understand you have to get the power package and add on the VIP system. This will get you an alarm and key less entry like I wanted.

Now that I have put miles on the car I feel screwed. If I wouldn't of driven the car off the lot until they installed the alarm this wouldn't be an issue seeing as they should be able to order me the correct car with factory key less.

HELP!

They are now telling me that the VIP system can't be installed in my Sedan because it's a manual transmission. I'm pretty sure that in some VIP systems for other cars it comes with remote start. I think this is why their system states they can't install it into my car. Seems like they should be able to hook it up and not connect the remote start feature.

Anyone got ideas?
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have the 2009 Accessory Installation manual for the TVIP V5 RS3200 Plus (08586-53860).

It says it can be installed on a Sedan or Liftback. It also says "Do not install into vehicles without RKE, or with Factory Security." This is because the kit does not include remotes - It uses the OEM keyless entry as an input. Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) does not seem to be considered an accessory, so I believe that that is why the dealer can not install the RS3200 on your car (MT isn't an issues, since the RS3200 doesn't do remote start).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Reeves360

Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
Toyota Yaris Alarm Security System Item# 08586-53870

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have the 2009 Accessory Installation manual for the TVIP V5 RS3200 Plus (08586-53860).

It says it can be installed on a Sedan or Liftback. It also says "Do not install into vehicles without RKE, or with Factory Security." This is because the kit does not include remotes - It uses the OEM keyless entry as an input. Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) does not seem to be considered an accessory, so I believe that that is why the dealer can not install the RS3200 on your car (MT isn't an issues, since the RS3200 doesn't do remote start).
It sounds like the VIP alarm (08586-53870) would come with the RKE parts needed. Which I believe Toyota calls it a "transmitter LOCK switch", which is the black box that receives the RF signals form the remotes. Maybe I'm incorrect on that but that what I remember from the 07 Yaris Sedan factory repair manual.

Anyone know for sure what that box is called or what the part number is for it? I guess if it's included in the VIP kit it doesn't come with a part number???

I've included the description below for the VIP part that we're talking about for better searchability.

Toyota Yaris Alarm Security System
Model RS3200 Complete Kit
Genuine ToyotaŽ Brand
Item# 08586-53870

Features:
# Easy to use system
# Quality fit with Toyota design
# Everything you need for installation
# Made specifically for your Yaris

There's nothing tricky about this factory Toyota Yaris alarm system operation and the installation is a very straight forward process so you get a factory alarm system that is simple to use and install. A quality OEM fit is necessary to keep your vehicle looking factory and that is exactly what you get with this Toyota Yaris security system and you will also be assured of the proper superior operation. All hardware is included to ensure your factory Toyota Yaris security alarms proper installation which is just one of the many benefits that you get from purchasing a factory add on. This quality Toyota Yaris security system will ensure you of the ultimate in vehicle protection and the system is a factory add on to work in conjunction with all components.

Please verify your vehicle's application from the information below before placing your order:
# Toyota Yaris Fits the following Toyota Yaris applications:
# Please note: Fits Sedan models only.
# Please note: Excludes models equipped with factory security system or factory keyless entry.
# Yaris Model years: 2006 2007 2008
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It's called the Receiver, Door Lock Control. There are two versions - one for cars with wireless door lock control (replacement unit without the key remotes) and one for cars without (includes two key remotes). The one for cars without is:89741-52170

I haven't run into the install guide for the 08586-53870, but based on the description, I would agree that it includes the Door Lock Control Receiver.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Get your $ back and get a aftermarket alarm.
BTW, I HATE alarms and won't use one....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Reeves360

Keyless Entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
The real reason I'm getting the VIP system is because the dealer told me that in order to get keyless entry I have to get the VIP alarm system. Which I now know is untrue.

Also I want the OEM alarm and keyless entry so that I can match the FCC ID with a blank remote key so that I don't have to have an extra fob. 1 key is all I need to remotely unlock my door and start my car.

Thank you all very much for the help.

Last edited by Reeves360; 07-23-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves360 View Post
The real reason I'm getting the VIP system is because the deal told me that in order to get keyless entry I have to get the VIP alarm system. Which I now know is untrue.

Also I want the OEM alarm and keyless entry so that I can match the FCC ID with a blank remote key so that I don't have to have an extra fob. 1 key is all I need to remotely unlock my door and start my car.

Thank you all very much for the help.
Well I guess you have a lot more money laying around than most of us do. I paid $35 for my keyless entry and it works great. I don't have the cash flow to spend $1000+ just the have a remote that has a key built inside....
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #8
Reeves360

Buckets of Cash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Well I guess you have a lot more money laying around than most of us do. I paid $35 for my keyless entry and it works great. I don't have the cash flow to spend $1000+ just the have a remote that has a key built inside....
I was quoted $300 for the VIP system and install when I bought my car I don't feel like that is a lot of money. Also you can get a blank key on-line for $25 - $50 that will match the RF frequency.

Now that the dealer can't give me what they promised me they are going to sell me the VIP system for $175, refund me $125, and I'll install it my self.

A OEM alarm system with keyless entry for $300, $225, or $200 sounds like a screaming deal seeing as after the fact of people are getting quoted 9 hours of install time and $450 for the alarm. Now that's crazy!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
b_hickman11

Isn't that your problem...they "quoted" you a price that turned out to be wrong and they could not uphold the deal because their quote was so far off. In my region the VIP system is $499 and just the OEM keyless is $230.00. Also you must already have the power package which starts out at $660.00 and can go up to $1050.00. Also I wouldnt be so quick to buy a key fob off of ebay. I have heard people on the forums complaining about how they bought a key fob from ebay and they could never get it programmed right. I think they ended up having to take them to a dealer and have it shipped off to get it programmed by Toyota. But all in all it will cost you at least $1000 more than someone who goes the non-oem parts way.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
Reeves360

VIP Hot Deal

Quote:
Isn't that your problem...they "quoted" you a price that turned out to be wrong and they could not uphold the deal because their quote was so far off.
They can't uphold the deal because Toyota the manufacturer of the VIP system states "No vehicles with Tachometers". It wasn't because they quoted such a low price. Apparently a few dealerships will install this system maybe they have figured out how to make the adjustments not provided to them by Toyota.

Quote:
In my region the VIP system is $499 and just the OEM keyless is $230.00.
In my region (the internet) you can get them for $350 or less. Keyless is part of the VIP alarm system for my 09 Sedan with out Keyless entry.

Quote:
Also you must already have the power package which starts out at $660.00 and can go up to $1050.00.
You're correct! I do already have the power package that's why I'm asking about keyless entry. On a side note, I think adding power to a car after the fact instead of buying it that way is a bit silly.

Quote:
Also I wouldnt be so quick to buy a key fob off of ebay. I have heard people on the forums complaining about how they bought a key fob from ebay and they could never get it programmed right. I think they ended up having to take them to a dealer and have it shipped off to get it programmed by Toyota.
It looks like to me that this link below is the correct method for adding a new remote to your keyless entry system. I'll double check the factory repair manual.

Add Remote to Factory Keyless Entry

Quote:
Also I wouldnt be so quick to buy a key fob off of ebay. I have heard people on the forums complaining about how they bought a key fob from ebay and they could never get it programmed right. I think they ended up having to take them to a dealer and have it shipped off to get it programmed by Toyota. But all in all it will cost you at least $1000 more than someone who goes the non-oem parts way.
So basically for an alarm and keyless entry it's going to cost me $300 + what ever I want to pay my Toyota mechanic to help me do it. (Good thing he loves Toyotas ) If I did it my self it would be $300 which compared to an aftermarket keyless entry and alarm I still think is a good deal.

I've got the dealer to sell me the complete system for $175 (about factory cost I think) due to their lack of knowledge on the product they sold me. They are now going to refund me $125. I feel like $175 + $35 (key) + paying a friend to help is still a good deal. $175 to do it my self is a STEAL!!!

Last edited by Reeves360; 07-13-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Reeves360

08586-53870 Factory Install Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It's called the Receiver, Door Lock Control. There are two versions - one for cars with wireless door lock control (replacement unit without the key remotes) and one for cars without (includes two key remotes). The one for cars without is:89741-52170

I haven't run into the install guide for the 08586-53870, but based on the description, I would agree that it includes the Door Lock Control Receiver.
CTScott,

Thank you for all the help!

Also I have the 08586-53870 Factory Install Manual if anyone needs it.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
SubaruGenki
I've made a post!

Drives: 02 WRX Wagon
Have you considered "The Club"? I hear it works really well and has OEM-like fitment.
SubaruGenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #13
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruGenki View Post
Have you considered "The Club"? I hear it works really well and has OEM-like fitment.

Now we have Subaru guys here too?

Welcome aboard!

Now go buy yourself a Yari........

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
Reeves360

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruGenki View Post
LOLz

Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
Reeves360

Bad Dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
Keep in mind that I really wanted the VIP system for the keyless entry not the alarm.

Now for an update... I FINALLY HAVE MY ALARM SYSTEM!!!

After over 3 weeks of going back and forth with the sales rep I decided to call Toyota corporate to see if they could some how fix the situation. They ended up referring me back to Bob Bridge Toyota which never called me back. This apparently pissed off the sales rep. He and I had an agreement to get me the alarm system for $175 instead of $300 because of his mistake and I was going to install it my self. After weeks of E-Mails asking him which part he was going to order and when it would be available for pick up with no appropriate response he finally told me to I don't get the $175 deal and to go order it on-line. This pretty much pissed me right off and I laid into him over E-Mail and got the sales manager involved. After that I had my alarm system and check in less then 24 hours.

So I guess lesson learned. If the dealer tells you they need to order / install a part into your car to get a feature you paid for DON'T DRIVE IT OFF THE LOT UNTIL IT'S INSTALLED COMPLETELY AND YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU PAID FOR. Even if they say "we'll order that for you and install it next week."

I realized that they probably do this to every customer that wants keyless entry or an alarm system that wasn't factory installed on the car you want. This way they get you to pay $300 or more for an alarm system, call you next week and say it wont work, then try to get you to opt for the alternate alarm system which probably cost them about $50 and come to find out they would send your Yaris over to Car Toys for a monkey to install. Which would make them an extra $200 or more in profit from your sale!

What bastards!

So now I'm looking forward to installing my alarm system in the next week or two and I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and post up a walk through for everyone.

Peace Out!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
b_hickman11

Dealers have been doing this for many years and not just Toyota. This is nothing new and nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Reeves360

08586-53870 & 08586-53860 Manuals

Oh yea I also have the factory installation manuals for TVIP V3 RS3200 Part Number: 08586-53870 which is for a 07 SEDAN WITH factory keyless entry and TVIP V5 RS3200 Part Number: 08586-53860 which is for 09 Yaris Sedan/Liftback WITHOUT factory keyless entry.

TVIP V3 RS3200

TVIP V5 RS3200

ENJOY!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Reeves360

Quote:
Dealers have been doing this for many years and not just Toyota. This is nothing new and nothing out of the ordinary.
You're very insightful, thank you for the help...