Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
aggelosf

Drives: Toyota yaris ncp10 1.0
premiumcontact2 or energy saver

Hello i'm searching for tires at the moment and that's the reason i just register here
My dimension is 175/65R14 and i'm between two tires. The Michelin Energy saver and the Continental Premiumcontact2. Most tire sellers suggest me the michelins from the other hand at many greek forums that i asked they tell me to buy the Continentals.
I think the continentals are better they are for sure a category higher.
So what do you suggest me to do?
aggelosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
from what ive seen, michelins are higher priced. thats why they are recommended. if you arent looking for anything special i would recommend a maxxis tire. they are excellent quality and very affordable. ive been using their high performance tire on my yaris for some time now and it never ceases to amaze. other family members have thei all seasons and they love them as well.

http://www.maxxis.com/AutomobileLigh...Passenger.aspx
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
aggelosf

Drives: Toyota yaris ncp10 1.0
i found the michelins at a very good price 230 euros for 4 tires.
the maxxis are not ideal for the greek roads we need softer tyres.
aggelosf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
You can also check out Uniroyal. Had a set of these before, sidewalls were pretty soft but handling was pretty good
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote