Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
jeremyth

Drives: 2002 Yaris Verso
Will the transmissions match?

Hi all! The automatic transmission of my 2002 Yaris Verso is failing. It drives forward with the overdrive disabled (can't remember if that means button is pressed or released), reverse doesn't work with or without overdrive disabled.
Toyota dealership mechanics here in Helsinki ruled out electrical or computer issues - it seems clear that it's more to do with major problems in the transmission.

So I have found today a "2001 Yaris Verso Luna 5D A", also automatic and right-side steering, that is for sale pretty cheap - far cheaper than a new transmission! I could get it for the transmission - though with 292,000 km, who knows how long it would last.

My question is: will the transmission from the 2001 Yaris Verso work in the 2002 I have? And what does 'Luna' mean?

Thank you, Yaris people! I have been quite happy with this car so far, though the 1.3L engine is kind of under-powered.
jeremyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
luna, mechanical question, transmission, yaris verso