Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2018, 05:25 AM   #31
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 dollar yaris View Post
well the lights are gone. no pictures really as it was a very straight forward fix for me. so being 10 degrees outside I decided to run up to harbor freight and get a few things before I freeze to death trying to do all four wheels. got a code reader and some electrical contact cleaner. after returning home, I hooked up the reader to see what I was dealing with. basically it was throwing codes for both rear sensors as well as one for debris on the right rear sensor and high or low voltage reading. so I just disconnected both sensors coated them in a good amount of contact cleaner and let it dry. next I carefully reconnected the sensors and cleared the old codes using the diagnostic reader. after turning on the car and taking it for a spin lights were off and no more codes so we will see if this did the trick. good luck to anyone experiencing this problem and I hope this post will help. from now on I will be checking wheel wells for excessive snow and ice in the mornings before leaving the house to help keep these areas clean. I suspect that there was dirt and snow/ice in the sensors causing them to fail. when it is warmer out, I may use some spray insulation on these sensors to hopefully avoid this issue for winters to come. as of now no lights on and I'm calling it a win. now if I can just find time to get these recalls done.....
Throwing in some dielectric grease in between both connectors would be a good idea next time you have the wheels off. Keeps the moisture out and will help avoid this issue again. Glad you were able to fix it