Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
LoneHuntress
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 YARIS
2008 Yaris Fuel Pump Problems

Hello everyone thanks in advance for any assistance yall can give me.

My mother has a 2008 Toyota Yaris hatchback that quit running on her way to work. Got it home and have been working on it but so far no luck.
Engine turns over but it wont crank. Checked the spark plugs and their working, checked the fuses in the engine compartment and under the driver side and their good.

There was no fuel on the spark plugs so when checked the fuel pump and it wasn't getting power. Hot wired it and it runs fine so we know it works. Read on here to check the Fuel or Intergration relay and its working. So now I'm at a loss.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
LoneHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
when you say "checked fuses" did you look at them.... or did you check the voltage with a volt meter? do you have voltage at the fuses? if so, i would start tracing wiring from the fuel pump. (checking voltage/continuity)
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
Check the EFI and IG2 relays located in the engine bay fuse box along with the C/OPN relay in the interior fuse box. Relays can fail intermittently so the best way to check them is to pull them out and power and ground the coil side and listen for the clicking sound as relay is powered and de-powered. Also check the EFI and AM2 fuses in the engine bay fuse box and the IGN fuse in interior fuse box. I'd recommend a test light for testing the fuses but if you don't have one pull the out to get a close look. If everything is fine then you need to confirm you have good power and ground at the fuel pump. Black wire to the pump is power and white-black wire is ground.
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote