Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
D&D
It's Quacktastic!

Drives: '07 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic Hapi Snak View Post
Would lowering my car help with body lift? At highway speeds, I can just feel the body lift up off the springs. With the boxy body and light weight, gusts of wind on the highway cause horrible body sway. At low speeds, the stock springs don't handle half bad, I just hate the sway at high speeds. And don't laugh, but a trailer hitch stiffens up the rear of the body.
I would think any introduction of stiffer springs, struts, and/ or tire sidewalls would help to negate being pushed around on the road by wind. It will likely always feel that way with any car that is lightweight and has tall sides. My wife used to have a 2008 Beetle and it did it pretty bad too. And that was a heavier car than a Yaris..

And I believe that about the hitch. These cars are made of very thin metal, so any laterally mounted thick chunk of steel is going to stiffen things up.
D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #38
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs

I'm not just looking. I will be lowering it for sure.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #39
Mz3oh5

Drives: 13' HB
I was going with Tein because they are springs that provide the maximum lowering height. The lower I can get the better the car it will look. My car looks cute from a far, but once you get close you see that the car needs to be lowered. It pisses me off everytime I look at it. lol
Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #40
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz3oh5 View Post
I was going with Tein because they are springs that provide the maximum lowering height. The lower I can get the better the car it will look. My car looks cute from a far, but once you get close you see that the car needs to be lowered. It pisses me off everytime I look at it. lol

To motivate you..

junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote