Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-16-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
pietersss
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota yaris 2008
installing a subwoofer

hey guys,

I've got my Yaris now for a couple of months ans would like to make some upgrades. I want to instal a subwoofer caliber BC1125A but i was wondering if the standard radio from my yaris the TNS400 has the connections needed to instal the subwoofer.

thank you
pietersss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
brushforhire

Drives: 07 HB YARIS, 15 JUKE, 00 TUNDR
Does the subwoofer take rca inputs or line inputs? Do you have a link to the user manual for that subwoofer? I couldn't find anything on it in a language I know, english, lol.
brushforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:51 AM   #3
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushforhire View Post
Does the subwoofer take rca inputs or line inputs? Do you have a link to the user manual for that subwoofer? I couldn't find anything on it in a language I know, english, lol.
i 2nd the response. a subwoofer will need an amp, so if it has an amp with it, like some pre-built ones from, say, Pioneer, then check the inputs--RCA or speaker wire.

otherwise, your amp that you purchase for subwoofer will take the question--RCA or speaker wire inputs.

if it's RCA, i believe the stock radio doesnt have those outputs, but if the amp takes speaker inputs (or you purchase a line input converter), then the answer to your answer is Yes.

HTH
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote