Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Does anyone make a triangulated rear strut bar?

I plan on running no back seat in my Yaris LB, and I was thinking about getting a triangulated rear strut bar (ties the two struts together, and attaches to the floor to provide actual bracing, unlike standard strut-strut ones).

Do any companies make one? My searches on here and google didn't turn anything up.

One example:
http://www.neuspeed-europe.com/shopi...10_91_img2.jpg

Thanks!
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Have you seen how the rear strut tower bar mounts ? Its mounted right on top of the shock rods , not just screwed into the strut tower like how most other bar are , thats why the v design came into play . Not really needed on the yaris , but would probaly help some. check my set-up out .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vitz interior 002.jpg (132.7 KB, 87 views)
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
schleppy
I love momentum.

Very nice setup! I still feel that a rear strut bar (and even a front) should be triangulated for maximum effectiveness.

Side questions, is your harness attachment unsafe? I thought the angle was too steep from the seats to the rear seat area, and a harness bar was the only safe way to mount the harnesses.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
Schleppy
I was looking at that to. I thought that the attachment for the top belts needed to be higher than the person’s shoulders. It keeps the belts from compressing your spin or something.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
schleppy
I love momentum.

From my last two harness installs I remember it needing to be either:

1.) Straight back from the top of your shoulders to a bar
2.) 45 degree angle (don't quote me on that) from the shoulders to the floor behind the seat.