Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Reeves360

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
VIP Alarm V3

I installed a VIP alarm system V3 which adds keyless entry also.

Now that the system is hooked all back up I'm having an issue where the system will not arm/lock the doors. When I try to lock the doors with the key fob the siren sounds for about 8 seconds solid. Which I think indicates that the system is not able to arm the system. Locks work correctly from both the passenger and drivers side.

The alarm status indicator light does not light up at all. The door open light on the console is always on as well as the dome light if it is on the auto setting. Also my headlights and high beams do not turn on but the light on the dash for headlights does come on. Status light for high beams does not come on.

The unlock function and panic both work correctly.

Please Help!
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check pins 24 and 25. Both of those issues point to a problem with the CAN bus connection between the TVIP ECU and the ECM.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Check pins 24 and 25. Both of those issues point to a problem with the CAN bus connection between the TVIP ECU and the ECM.
Scott You are all over the place huh lol hopefully you can help him out
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I really enjoy working on the electrical systems of this car. I fixed a problem with the CCM system on a friend's VW Passat yesterday - That thing was a nightmare to work on compared to the Yaris.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Reeves360

Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I figured it out!

Lights were a 4 pin connector in the middle of the j/b (juntion box). The door adjar light was the black wire from the VIP harness needed to be looped back to its self because I don't have and engine immobilizer. And last but not least!

The install manual tells you to connect the blue wire to a connector on the far left and the sky blue wires toa connector on the top right. The real way is connect the light blue wire with gery stripe to the top right and the blue (sky blue) wire tot the far left.

Silly I think sky blue as a light blue and blue as a deep blue like the Seahawks color. Apparently this is not the case. :P

Ill post up pictures and names of the wires and connections tomorrow.

Ctscott thx a million for the 09 diagrams! With out these I would have no idea what wires did what seeing as the install manual doesn't tell you. It just statest connect this color wire to this pin number I this 24 ot 18 clip.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #6
Reeves360

Quick note besides my misunderstanding in names of differnts shades of colors the V3 VIP alarm system install manual is dead on! It works!

The only minor issue that I can see why Toyota says not to install this alarm system with Yari that have a tachometer is because you will get a 5 second error beep when trying to arm the system when the dome light is still on. After that shuts off alarm will arm.

My Toyota tech thinks it has something to do with the j/n being designed for a fade to off dome light instead of instant off.

Hope this helps others to get a foactory alarm system for cheap!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
Reeves360

Toyota VIP V3 Alarm works w/ Tachometer!!!

Quick note besides my misunderstanding in names of differnts shades of colors the V3 VIP alarm system install manual is dead on! It works!

The only minor issue that I can see why Toyota says not to install this alarm system with Yari that have a tachometer is because you will get a 5 second error beep when trying to arm the system when the dome light is still on. After that shuts off alarm will arm.

My Toyota tech thinks it has something to do with the j/b being designed for a fade to off dome light instead of instant off.

Hope this helps others to get a foactory alarm system for cheap!

Last edited by Reeves360; 08-11-2009 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo