Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
Anpopy
I've made a post!

Drives: YARIS 2 SOL BLACK
Aux Input on TNS400

Hello all,

I have a Yaris 2 with TNS400 radio

I discovered that it's possible to add aux input on this radio using a cable from Eclipse (AUX105)
But of course, Ecplise doesn't sell anymore this cable

On e-bay I managed to find a cable that looks like the Eclipse one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECLIPSE-AUX-...item3cb6f396c4

I plugged the cable and..
it works..but only with left speakers! no sound at all on right speakers ( off course, I already tried balancing left to right )

So..I wonder if the wiring of my Axu105 cable is the correct one!
Is there anyone with the TNS 400 and Aux105 cable working correctly?

Anpopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Good question. I just got myself the same cable, same seller even, and I've got the same result. Even with the volume on the plugged in mp3 player turned all the way up, all I get is some faint scratchy quiet sound from the left speakers, and nothing from the right.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
geojoking

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D-4D
I wonder if it has anything to do with the speakers selected for the navigation system indication. Can you try changing those settings, see if it has any effect.

I don't have the AUX cable, I have the iPod cable for my TNS400 and sound does come out on all speakers but, for example, when navigation directions are played, the music stops altogether.
geojoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
because made in Chinese sweat shop

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
The pins on those are wrong. I've got a thread around here somewhere with the correct pinout...

Or maybe just a PM? Probably time I put this in a thread:

Quote:
so, If you look at the connector front view (with the pin)

./-----13-----\.
/-9-10-11-12-\
\-5--6--7--8--/
.\1--2--3--4-/.
.........^...........

Pin 6 is ground for both cables. Pin 7 is left and Pin 8 is right (It really doesn't matter which you do left or right if you are just making RCA adapters as you can switch them around at the cable end)!
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:48 AM   #6
denism
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 TOYOTA YARIS 1.4 D-4D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
The pins on those are wrong. I've got a thread around here somewhere with the correct pinout...

Please forgive my basic electronics knowhow... I'm thinking of getting one of these cables but worried the speakers will be off balance. Are you saying it's possible to fix the pins to the right layout?
denism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
CrankyOldMan

I'm not sure what you mean by 'off balance', but yes, you can change the connections. I made my own plug, so I had to find out the pinout anyway. If you buy the pre-made cable, you'll have to do the same thing as I did--i.e. test the pins to find the right wires, solder them to the jack, etc.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:20 AM   #8
geojoking

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D-4D
Hate to revive this threat, but man, thanks for the info!

I bought an AUX105 cable from eBay, and after plugging it in, I was shocked to see it didn't work properly!

I was beggining to think the head unit had a problem, but after I saw your post I ended up fixing the cable and everything seems to be OK!!!

I even bought a used AUX-in socket (previously used in a 2009 Yaris that had AUX-in from the factory) and rewired a connection so that the AUX-in is under the safety break :D I'm a sucker for everything being well-organized!

Thanks for the info you posted, CrankyOldMan.
geojoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:28 AM   #9
CrankyOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
Hate to revive this threat, but man, thanks for the info!

I bought an AUX105 cable from eBay, and after plugging it in, I was shocked to see it didn't work properly!

I was beggining to think the head unit had a problem, but after I saw your post I ended up fixing the cable and everything seems to be OK!!!

I even bought a used AUX-in socket (previously used in a 2009 Yaris that had AUX-in from the factory) and rewired a connection so that the AUX-in is under the safety break :D I'm a sucker for everything being well-organized!

Thanks for the info you posted, CrankyOldMan.
Glad to hear it helped!
Old 08-02-2018, 02:57 AM   #10
gobbo69
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Navi 2008
Quote:

Sorry to revive this post, but I have to confirm that is very useful. I've rewired an AUX 105 cable with the correct pinout and it worked :D

What can be useful to say is that the pinout of the DIN 13 connector is not the same as you are showing. The pin number 5 in the front of the connector corresponds to the pin number 8 in the rear view of the plug (there are some numbers written on it).

Taking into account the numbers on the back face of the DIN connector, the wiring is:

GND: 7
Left: 6
Right: 5

This info may be helpful if someone wants to purchase a rewired cable from an external supplier.

Thank you very much for your help!
gobbo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:01 AM   #11
Mecheng46

Drives: Yaris MK1/2 D4d, Auris MK1 D4d
Thanks for this information, very useful but there is so much conflicting information on the internet at the moment, i found at least 4 different configurations for the same job and I am not sure which one will do the job.

Can anybody throw some light please?

If anybody can help and knows the correct pin configuration can you state whether the pinout is when looking at the radio unit plug, the cable pins or the cable plug back face.
Mecheng46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #12
CrankyOldMan

The good news is that you really can't hurt anything by connecting them the wrong way around (they're just inputs). Try one pair at a time and see if the sound comes from the correct speaker.

Here's the pinout of the cable (pins) side, looking at the pins. The connector (sockets) is the mirror (1 is 4, 2 is 3, etc.).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4893.jpg (62.3 KB, 76 views)
Old 10-07-2018, 03:11 AM   #13
Mecheng46

Quote:
The good news is that you really can't hurt anything by connecting them the wrong way around (they're just inputs). Try one pair at a time and see if the sound comes from the correct speaker.

Here's the pinout of the cable (pins) side, looking at the pins. The connector (sockets) is the mirror (1 is 4, 2 is 3, etc.).
Thanks for this, referring to the picture you posted which 3 pins do i need to wire to get my aux working?

Am i correct assuming that your post further up is the right way to go?
./-----13-----\.
/-9-10-11-12-\
\-5--6--7--8--/
.\1--2--3--4-/.
.........^...........
Pin 6 is ground for both cables. Pin 7 is left and Pin 8 is right.

Is this looking at the cable pins from the front?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #14
CrankyOldMan

Those are the correct pins. Look at the attached image in the post above for the pin numbering.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:00 AM   #15
Mecheng46

Quote:
Those are the correct pins. Look at the attached image in the post above for the pin numbering.
Is the pin numbering your quoted correct when i look at:
The pins front (cable side)
The pins end where soldering goes (cable side)
Car plug/socket (Radio unit side)

?