Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2018, 03:27 AM   #1
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Best holiday you had?

I went to Philippines a few months ago.

It's an Island country so basically i got to ride on 5 Aeroplanes,1 propeller. Swam with Whale sharks, jumped off a 45 ft cliff into the bluest water you could ever see. Saw amazing water falls. Got to feed a Bengal tiger.Finally saw one of the endangered bird of prey, Philippine Eagle and a massive crocodile. Went through incredible lagoons that looked like something from Jurassic Park. Island hopped 3 amazing Islands a sand bar and the water that was sparkling. Oh, i almost forgot did the side coaster where you are up 125 meters on the edge of a tower and that was scary, should of done the zip line which is even more terrifying. But fun!

I've been to New Zealand incredible county as well. The landscape is breath taking rolling hills and massive mountains. Cool climate which seems to alternate from rain, sunny, windy and sunny then rainy again in any order in like 20 minute intervals. Auckland is an amazing city. Went to rotaroa. Did the zipline and that was the best zip line i've been on. Went to three more after that on Waiheke Island and that one scared the crap out of me. I was going to do the Sky tower jump 200 meter drop but backed out maybe next time. New Zealand amazing country. Driving around the country is something people must do.The people are amazing there and I would go back in a heart beat.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Wow, sounds like that Philippines trip was incredible. I'd have to think about my best vacation...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:48 AM   #3
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
My best holiday included a road trip involving my new Yaris iA. It is an amazing road warrior vehicle on the interstates of the US. Many times, the best part of the vacation is the journey itself.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:52 AM   #4
junorico24

Next year hopefully I can make my dream come true to go to America and Hawaii.Want to see a Laker game and see the Grand Canyon.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
ern-diz

The Grand Canyon is an incredible sight.

On Wheelwell
Old 10-19-2018, 01:31 PM   #6
brad187

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Travelled the Trans Mongolian Railway in 2007 - starting in St Petersburg, overnight train to Moscow, then stops in Irkutsk, Ulan Bataar and Beijing. made sure we spent decent time in each place, took about two months from start to finish and was absolutely the best thing I've ever done.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #7
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
as a desert lover ...

australia would be my #1 international destination

probably never get there though
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #8
justanotherdrunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
I went to Philippines a few months ago.

It's an Island country so basically i got to ride on 5 Aeroplanes,1 propeller. Swam with Whale sharks, jumped off a 45 ft cliff into the bluest water you could ever see. Saw amazing water falls. Got to feed a Bengal tiger.Finally saw one of the endangered bird of prey, Philippine Eagle and a massive crocodile. Went through incredible lagoons that looked like something from Jurassic Park. Island hopped 3 amazing Islands a sand bar and the water that was sparkling. Oh, i almost forgot did the side coaster where you are up 125 meters on the edge of a tower and that was scary, should of done the zip line which is even more terrifying. But fun!

I've been to New Zealand incredible county as well. The landscape is breath taking rolling hills and massive mountains. Cool climate which seems to alternate from rain, sunny, windy and sunny then rainy again in any order in like 20 minute intervals. Auckland is an amazing city. Went to rotaroa. Did the zipline and that was the best zip line i've been on. Went to three more after that on Waiheke Island and that one scared the crap out of me. I was going to do the Sky tower jump 200 meter drop but backed out maybe next time. New Zealand amazing country. Driving around the country is something people must do.The people are amazing there and I would go back in a heart beat.
looks amazing!
Old 10-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #9
junorico24

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
as a desert lover ...

australia would be my #1 international destination

probably never get there though

Hmmm...I have been in Oz for a long time. Honestly I have only seen 10 percent of it's natural wilderness. I might have to get a van and travel this rugged continent.

You will get here mate.

I am going to L.A. for a few days then Vegas. Back to L.A. then HAWAIA! first time in my life. Yay to me.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
Hmmm...I have been in Oz for a long time. Honestly I have only seen 10 percent of it's natural wilderness. I might have to get a van and travel this rugged continent.

You will get here mate.

I am going to L.A. for a few days then Vegas. Back to L.A. then HAWAIA! first time in my life. Yay to me.
Nice; enjoy the trip. Too bad you weren't in the LA area around this last weekend. Could have joined us on the killer Malibu cruise we did.

On Wheelwell
Old 10-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #11
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Cruised up to Morro Bay in the Yaris many moons ago. It was worth the unplanned escape in the end.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #12
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
my best holiday is being unemployed
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:52 AM   #13
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
I haven't been out of Australia, but still remember the road trip in the early 90s from Sydney to Alice Springs and Uluru via Adelaide, and back via Broken Hill.

While at Yulara we went on a light aircraft flight over King's Canyon. The pilot decided it would be fun to buzz the camels on the way back!

Next best was the trip to Tasmania. Drive from Sydney to Melbourne, on to the boat for the overnight crossing, then 2 weeks driving wherever we felt like going.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:43 PM   #14
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
I haven't been out of Australia, but still remember the road trip in the early 90s from Sydney to Alice Springs and Uluru via Adelaide, and back via Broken Hill.

While at Yulara we went on a light aircraft flight over King's Canyon. The pilot decided it would be fun to buzz the camels on the way back!

Next best was the trip to Tasmania. Drive from Sydney to Melbourne, on to the boat for the overnight crossing, then 2 weeks driving wherever we felt like going.
why does that sound that indian boy movie plot who gets seperated.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #15
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
The Grand Canyon is an incredible sight.
Have to concur. Mind-blowing, in fact. The whole of the SouthWest is definitely worthy of a vacation destination. Was down there a few years ago. We based ourselves out of Vegas, but travelled throughout the day. Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Zion Nat. Park, Monument Valley...

I went with my brothers and father, Fab trip! Gotta get back there soon, this time with the wife and kids.

Our family traveled Europe extensively when we were younger (probably too young to appreciate it) except maybe for snorkeling on the Greek Islands, but I'd love to get back to the Mediterranean region in the not-too-distant future. My father, being an english professor at the time, felt that we'd be inspired by hours of trudging through dusty ruins and places where famous literary figures and bards composed their works and fantastical and mythical creatures reigned. Haha.

We've been talking Disney for the past couple of years, but have recently been informed about the merits of Disney Paris. So, that's also a possibility.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 11-08-2018 at 05:31 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #16
ern-diz

I hear Zion is something else, too.

On Wheelwell
Old 11-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #17
justanotherdrunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
We based ourselves out of Vegas, but travelled throughout the day. Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Zion Nat. Park, Monument Valley...
been to all of them but not in the yaris

and pre digital cameras so i have no/ few pics

maybe next summer i'll do a mega trip thru all of 'em in the yaris!
Old 11-09-2018, 02:22 AM   #18
junorico24

Just booked the RAV 4 for our trip around Cali, San Diego, Las Vegas and of course Arizona. It's got to be done right. You always go Toyota for reliability.
Gonna have to get use to driving on the right hand side of the road and with the steering wheel on the left LOL..