Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #73
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vten View Post
Yeah ... I'm liking the idea that you can slam the car all the way down when parking :)

Any update on the price Sasquatch ?
Drive it like you park it.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #74
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
i figure i would update this thread too

if you already have coils but wanted bags please contact : Dan Hagen at theluftshop AT gmail DOT com

he knows all about the yaris suspension because he did my custom kit. He can talk to you more if you need questions answered and so on. <3
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #75
sasquatch

Drives: 04.:R32, 87 Scirocco, 07 yaris
Good news! There is now another bag solution available for the yaris, however slightly less conventional.

Air lift universal struts. They require some welding though. Basically you measure and order the correct universal struts for your car, they come with a variety of upper and lower mounting tabs. Then measure and weld the correct tabs on and use the proper top mount and bam you've got front struts. A little more work but it's an option that's available now and there is no wait 6-8 week wait time like Air Force or air runner. And you can buy whatever rear bags you want(inexpensive bellowed bags) and whatever management you want. Where as Air Force and air runner you're stuck with what they supply unless you want to spend even more.

http://www.airliftperformance.com/ap...niversal-kits/
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #76
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Good news! There is now another bag solution available for the yaris, however slightly less conventional.

Air lift universal struts. They require some welding though. Basically you measure and order the correct universal struts for your car, they come with a variety of upper and lower mounting tabs. Then measure and weld the correct tabs on and use the proper top mount and bam you've got front struts. A little more work but it's an option that's available now and there is no wait 6-8 week wait time like Air Force or air runner. And you can buy whatever rear bags you want(inexpensive bellowed bags) and whatever management you want. Where as Air Force and air runner you're stuck with what they supply unless you want to spend even more.

http://www.airliftperformance.com/ap...niversal-kits/
If a person was willing to weld on the strut the way they tell you to in the installation instructions for these struts...a person could adapt shorter OEM type struts to the yaris and have a cheap static drop set-up.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #77
sasquatch

Update if anyone still follows this:

After speaking with a friend who is a airride dealer last night. He informed me that he can no order kits for yaris! There is a 4-6week build time on them. But he can get ksport kits and airex i believe!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #78
Form>Function

I will chime in here with more updates as well.

Going Air I have discovered that Yaris kits are rare but they DO exist. Airrunner has a complete kit, Ksport has a complete kit, and then companies like Airlift and Airrex are willing to make custom strut/bag setups. So there are quite a few options.

Another option not discussed too much is the Bag Over Coil setup. This is the route I am going as I already have Megan coilovers in place. This works almost exactly as it sounds, you leave the shock/strut in its current place and just swap the spring out for an air bag. Up front the bag sits over the damper like the spring and in the rear the bag just sits in the stock perches like the springs. This is a very affordable option, not including the price i paid for my megans, the entire airride setup has cost me just under 1100 and I am installing myself so that makes airride very affordable!

If you have Megan coilovers specifically there is a bracket made by Forjworks that is made to mount on any Megan presure tubes and matches up perfect to UAS Aero Sport Bags. For the rear any shock will work as long as its a good amount shorter than stock and you can run any universal bag but I hear the Slam Specialties SS5 bags work best. For rear brackets you can contact Randode.com.

This is the exact setup I am running with manual management, if you have further questions about my setup feel free to ask

Old 07-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #79
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
I will chime in here with more updates as well.

Going Air I have discovered that Yaris kits are rare but they DO exist. Airrunner has a complete kit, Ksport has a complete kit, and then companies like Airlift and Airrex are willing to make custom strut/bag setups. So there are quite a few options.

Another option not discussed too much is the Bag Over Coil setup. This is the route I am going as I already have Megan coilovers in place. This works almost exactly as it sounds, you leave the shock/strut in its current place and just swap the spring out for an air bag. Up front the bag sits over the damper like the spring and in the rear the bag just sits in the stock perches like the springs. This is a very affordable option, not including the price i paid for my megans, the entire airride setup has cost me just under 1100 and I am installing myself so that makes airride very affordable!

If you have Megan coilovers specifically there is a bracket made by Forjworks that is made to mount on any Megan presure tubes and matches up perfect to UAS Aero Sport Bags. For the rear any shock will work as long as its a good amount shorter than stock and you can run any universal bag but I hear the Slam Specialties SS5 bags work best. For rear brackets you can contact Randode.com.

This is the exact setup I am running with manual management, if you have further questions about my setup feel free to ask

joining the darkside!

I think bag over coil was briefly discussed but i thought most people said that yaris coils didn't go super low and usually a bag over coil setup will only go as low as the coil would go and the ride may suffer a little. Along with that if you're not already on coils you have to factor in the cost of coils+ the bag setup, and at that point its almost as much as buying a purpose built bag setup

BUT it can be an affordable alternative if you are already on coils for sure. so it is totally an option that can be coupled with any management you want.

to anyone considering going the bag route don't hesitate to contact me or ask questions, the dealer i got my airforce struts from can now get any existing air kit for the yaris along with Air Lift universal front struts that just need some measuring and welding done to fit the yaris.

I've been bagged for over 2 years now and just made it through the worst north east winter in a while with NO PROBLEMS at all! so that has to be piece of mind for everyone

i want to see more bagged yaris's!!!!
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #80
Form>Function

@Dino definitely that makes me confident in the practicality of dailying mine on air!!

When Dan got back to me he was very helpful so I can vouch for your shop as well, even if you guys just want to ask questions!

Yes Im sure the Bag over wont go as crazy low as the Sleeved struts from factory, but I dont have much lower my car can go. When ive measured, the aired out bag height is the perfect amount shorter than my springs that I should be able to lay out. As long as my shocks/struts dont bottom out first, ill be good lol. I will keep this up to date as best I can though.

As always thanks for the help

Old 02-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #81
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Finally joined the air club. Bag-over on my Megan coilovers.

Sorry for the picture whoring.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:47 PM   #82
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Nice work coheed!
Are those UAS bags and did you make those custom perches yourself?
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #83
coheed

Yea they're Aerosport bags, and I got the brackets here >>>http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...-BRACKETS.html
Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #84
sasquatch

Haven't been keeping up on this thread but nice to see another bagged Yaris!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2015, 12:59 AM   #85
elmaschingon85

Drives: 2009 yaris hatch
My bagged yaris on Airforce suspension and Accuair E level
elmaschingon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:08 AM   #86
elmaschingon85

My yaris on Airforce suspension and accuair e-level

Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 AM   #87
elmaschingon85

My bagged yaris on Airforce suspension and accuair e-level
Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM   #88
coheed

Anyone with air have the stainless steel braided leader lines coming off your front bags? I keep rubbing through my left air line and just ordered some to switch to, but I'm trying to get an idea on how to affix it inside the wheel well.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #89
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Anyone with air have the stainless steel braided leader lines coming off your front bags? I keep rubbing through my left air line and just ordered some to switch to, but I'm trying to get an idea on how to affix it inside the wheel well.
post a picture of your setup and where the problem is
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:05 AM   #90
coheed

Never got the front lines fixed but I figured I would post a comparison of stock ride height vs all the way down on bags.