Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
garrettbeachy

Drives: 2009 Yaris
DIY Integrated Garage Door Opener

Hey guys! First time poster here on Yaris World. Just got my 2009 3dr hatchback a few weeks ago. Loving it!

I got this idea from a youtuber named Kipkay (here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieyPtIhuezQ) who integrated his garage door opener into his Jeep to keep it from being stolen when the windows were off. I'm not worried about stuff being stolen, but I didn't want an ugly garage door opener hanging on my visor all the time.

I followed Kipkay's directions for adding a button to the garage door opener. I then simply drilled a 1/2 inch hole in one of the blanks next to my aux input. $40 worth of parts (including the garage door opener) and I've got a sleek integrated garage door opener!

I am loving my Yaris and this forum! Keep the awesome content coming guys!
garrettbeachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
That's very clever!
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote