Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #37
dieselphreak

Drives: 2009 yaris
update: New pcm, still same results. I'm at a total loss here.
dieselphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:19 PM   #38
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Your wasting time and money now. Time to get it hauled to a shop.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #39
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselphreak View Post
Ok I'm still ready to condemn the ecu. However, let me clarify a few things.

The back seat is out of the car and I have wired up an LED to monitor pump operation. Nothing with key on, only while cranking or running on starting fluid

The new issue I noticed is AFTER you try to start the car and give up, there is a high pitched noise coming from the throttle body that only quits when you either unplug the throttle body or cycle the key. The battery isn't low either as I have been keeping a charger on it.

Also, my final question, since this car does NOT have the immobilizer, if I get a used ecu that came out of a 09 automatic with no immobilizer does it still need to be programmed?

Not really. The only reason to reprogram it is if your state does OBD emissions, where they plug into the car and expect it to respond with its proper VIN.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #40
dieselphreak

ok, mild update,

i just ASSumed since the new pçm, that the injectors were not firing since it would still run off of starting fluid, however,

i have spark and injector pulse with the new pcm, just the fuel pump doesn't run,

old pcm the fuel pump runs, no injector pulse... *&$@$&*
Old 03-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #41
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
ok, mild update,

i just ASSumed since the new pçm, that the injectors were not firing since it would still run off of starting fluid, however,

i have spark and injector pulse with the new pcm, just the fuel pump doesn't run,

old pcm the fuel pump runs, no injector pulse... *&$@$&*
What's the ten digit (5-5) part number on the new one?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #42
dieselphreak

ok, not sure what the deal was or what happened. but i went out there a few hours ago and tried it, it started, been running fine ever since. tried the old pcm just to see, no injector pulse, new pcm it runs. not sure but i'm damn sure happy! lol

Thanks everyone for your help!
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #43
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #44
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
ok, not sure what the deal was or what happened. but i went out there a few hours ago and tried it, it started, been running fine ever since. tried the old pcm just to see, no injector pulse, new pcm it runs. not sure but i'm damn sure happy! lol

Thanks everyone for your help!
If everything remains OK, I'd love to get my hands on the bad one to see what failed within it.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:51 PM   #45
JEducate

Drives: 2009 5dr S series
I need help too! Mostly with the gas gauge.

Over the winter, my car's gas gauge was going back and forth to one bar to two bars left. It ended up stalling. Then, about a month ago, it said there was two bars left, and it stalled. I was hoping that it would be just frozen pipes. We have had a few warm days. I had to fill up my tank because it was stuck on three bars from the bottom. It will show it being filled up, but will stop at the third line. I read that it could be the indicators could be dirty. Any suggestions? Can I fix it myself, or do I have to go to a mechanic?
JEducate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:51 AM   #46
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEducate View Post
Over the winter, my car's gas gauge was going back and forth to one bar to two bars left. It ended up stalling. Then, about a month ago, it said there was two bars left, and it stalled. I was hoping that it would be just frozen pipes. We have had a few warm days. I had to fill up my tank because it was stuck on three bars from the bottom. It will show it being filled up, but will stop at the third line. I read that it could be the indicators could be dirty. Any suggestions? Can I fix it myself, or do I have to go to a mechanic?
That would be a a bit if a threadjack, as your post is completely unrelated to that of the O.P. Typically when a gas gauge does that it is due to the resistive strip for the fuel level sender either being dirty or being worn. You can try adding fuel system cleaner to the tank, but if that doesn't help, then you are looking at having to have the sender removed and replaced.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:29 AM   #47
JEducate

Drives: 2009 5dr S series
I know this was not related to the O.P. This is my first time on here and did not know how to do a new thread. Thanks for helping.
JEducate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #48
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEducate View Post
I know this was not related to the O.P. This is my first time on here and did not know how to do a new thread. Thanks for helping.
Welcome to the forum, an excellent place to learn about your Yaris!