Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
patm

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
estimate to install 4 ch amp in 07 yaris sedan

cost estimate to install 4 ch amp in 07 yaris sedan. i read instuctions that came with alpine pdx 4 and ????. i best have someone do it.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Labor should be an hour, so figure 80.00. You'll need wiring too.

It is really simple to do yourself, the hardest part being tucking the wires under the trim panels.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
^x2. Our shop charges $75 plus materials if needed.

Now when you have someone do it, take pics so we can see if the shop did a good job. I'm on a roll after seeing some really CRAPPY work done to a co-worker's car.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
What type of amp kit are they installing ? Not all install kits are created equal. So don't let them charge you $80 for a 4 gauge kit and it be sub par.

You can get a KnuKonceptz 4 gauge kit for 32 bucks.

For the install alone $60 - $85 would be fair.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
patm

Drives: 2007 yaris sedan
amp install

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
^x2. Our shop charges $75 plus materials if needed.

Now when you have someone do it, take pics so we can see if the shop did a good job. I'm on a roll after seeing some really CRAPPY work done to a co-worker's car.

thats what i'm afraid of. if i get theKnuKonceptz 4 gauge kit and i have the amp, will a shop install it.

sqcomp, could you come by and install it. you can visit d at the same time.
patm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Portland Oregon man...not Portland Maine. :) Yes, I could install it. What about D? He can do it I'd imagine. It'd be an hour job that you two could stretch into a day given enough beer. I would recommend that you buy the wiring kit from the shop you have installed. Why? Because it's a nice gesture to the shop that supports it's business moreso than just the amplifier install itself.

I can't stand the toll roads on the East coast either. It's a driving buzz kill. :P

My wife is going to nursing school at GWU later this year. If we plan it, you, D, and myself may be able to get together sometime this year or next.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
_S7V7N_

See what brand wire they use and how much for the amp kit. Don't pay $80 for 4 gauge Scosche brand wire.

I understand supporting the shop but paying out the rear end for 4 gauge is pushing it.

Would it offend them if you told them I like the price, the diameter of the actual wire and the flexibility of Knu wire. To show he did some research and he's not a complete newbie. Would the shop respect him a bit and sell him a kit for a reasonable price ?

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 05-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I hear that. I know our shop shows you the difference between crap wire kits and quality ones. I keep forgetting there are crappy shops out there that take advantage of customers.

I know what I would do if he walked into our store and didn't have the money for a top line kit. I'd take him out to the wire bin, we'd go fishing and one up with a kit oh of spare GOOD wire...the go through the left over fuse blocks.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #9
_S7V7N_

If he talked like that to a crap shop I'm sure they'd get defensive really quick and not offer an alternative. At the same time he wouldn't end up with crap. So please Pat ask questions when you go into the shop. Show you've done some research and know what you're lookin for.

If they offer to sell you 4 gauge by the foot about $1.15 a foot is the max i'd pay. But you'd be missing quite a few things if you go that route.

Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Give Derick a pm, he is incredibly knowledgeable and there is a DIYMA meeting this saturday too.

DIYMA meet post. I know he can tell you exactly what to buy and everyone at the meet can help you figure out the wiring.

I understand you probably take one look at the wiring diagrams and get scared. I do too, it looks insane. But there is a ton of very knowledgeable people around ready to help as much as they can.

Derick built every bit of his system himself. He's even offered to help me every step of the way when I get into putting my system together.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #11
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
What about D? He can do it I'd imagine.
My wife is going to nursing school at GWU later this year. If we plan it, you, D, and myself may be able to get together sometime this year or next.
That would be AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Give Derick a pm, he is incredibly knowledgeable.

Derick built every bit of his system himself. He's even offered to help me every step of the way when I get into putting my system together.
Thanks why?

Yes I've been in touch with Patm, we'll see what he would like to do?

D.