Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Readiness Test Not Ready?

2007 Yaris Sedan Automatic Transmission.

My CT. Emissions Tests are due in early May. My Scanguage II and AutoXray EZ-SCAN 6000.
That I foolishly didn't buy the Toyota firmware add on before they went out of business.

Both indicate the Readiness Status is not complete. Last time I had the battery disconnected was
in January 2017. I would think it should be ready by now.

I tried the procedure outlined in the 2007 service manual a few weeks ago.
Also disconnected the ScanGuage II though I don't think it was the problem. Still showing not ready.

AutoXray Scan Data shows the only Readiness test not complete is "Evaporative System Not complete".
All the remaining tests where complete or not supported in my car.
MIL Light Off
Trouble Codes None
Pending Codes None
Freeze Frame Codes None.
Is it possible that a Toyota specific code, that needs the Toyota Code Reader to see, is keeping the
Evaporative System test as Not Complete?
Any thoughts on what would keep the Evaporative System Test to not complete yet not trip a MIL Light?

Last edited by BLH; 04-29-2017 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Add information
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I'm not too sure your readiness laws in your state, but up here we are allowed one readiness check to still be pending. Meaning as long as there is no CEL, you would still pass.

From my reading a few months back the EVAP system (IIRC) needs to have the car turned off and cooled down for a certain amount of time, and then warmed up for a certain amount of time. This is usually why the EVAP system takes so long to be finished it test.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
BLH

Thank you for the help.
I checked my states Emissions Test Web page. It will not pass if the Readiness tests are all complete.

I found a few more tips on line to try.
It seems odd that even after a month of trips. Only the Evaporation test is incomplete.
I almost suspect a firmware glitch in the ECU or how the delay timer is set to start before the tests run.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
BLH

After reading the Evaporation Test cycle information in the service manual again.
I thought it maybe effected by the way I ended the driving for the day.
I use to turn the car Off in the driveway. Then open the garage door. Restart the car and park it for the night.
For the last three days. I left it running and used a spare key to open the garage and park for the night.
The Evaporation test went complete and I passed the Emissions Tests this morning.