Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #217
Ranggarn

Drives: Yaris 3Door YRX
Ummm.. I am a real "banause" when it comes to engine and mechanical components. I've been away for a long time (absent from yarisworld) but now that I have returned and rekindled myself with these posts... I gotta say wow. For 700 bucks I was thinking man, I need to get in on this. So if it is possible to add another person to the list... please do so if the following conditions aren't going to become obstacles:
1. I live in Australia, the engines are the same and I hope that the engine bays are the same.
2. Shipping costs: With such an order I was wondering whether it would be possible to ship the manifold to Australia. I'm guessing that shipment would cost somewhere around 300-500 US dollars? Not really sure I have never tackled such an order before.
3. Banause: Yes I am the village idiot when it comes to installing stuff on my Yaris. I am like a movie producer, I find stuff and combine them to make the ultimate block buster movie: I didn't act or direct or do anything fancy to lightning and sound effects, but I reap the benefits! (Ok a little too dramatic, but you get the gist.. please?). I know you supply a step by step manual (with pictures!), and I won't be the one doing the install, but granted that the workshop I want to install the manifold for me aren't total idiots I should be able to drive around with more POWARRRRR under my hood yes? (yes!)

So please, If you have time to review my comment then let me know if it is still alright to be added to the list if the aforementioned criteria are met. Thanks Richard!
Ranggarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #218
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
Yo you have a whole list of people we getting pics anytime soon?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #219
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranggarn View Post
Ummm.. I am a real "banause" when it comes to engine and mechanical components. I've been away for a long time (absent from yarisworld) but now that I have returned and rekindled myself with these posts... I gotta say wow. For 700 bucks I was thinking man, I need to get in on this. So if it is possible to add another person to the list... please do so if the following conditions aren't going to become obstacles:
1. I live in Australia, the engines are the same and I hope that the engine bays are the same.
2. Shipping costs: With such an order I was wondering whether it would be possible to ship the manifold to Australia. I'm guessing that shipment would cost somewhere around 300-500 US dollars? Not really sure I have never tackled such an order before.
3. Banause: Yes I am the village idiot when it comes to installing stuff on my Yaris. I am like a movie producer, I find stuff and combine them to make the ultimate block buster movie: I didn't act or direct or do anything fancy to lightning and sound effects, but I reap the benefits! (Ok a little too dramatic, but you get the gist.. please?). I know you supply a step by step manual (with pictures!), and I won't be the one doing the install, but granted that the workshop I want to install the manifold for me aren't total idiots I should be able to drive around with more POWARRRRR under my hood yes? (yes!)

So please, If you have time to review my comment then let me know if it is still alright to be added to the list if the aforementioned criteria are met. Thanks Richard!
You should contact CALIYARIS (Garm) he probably can help you work out the shipment. I think he has shipped stuff to Australia before.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #220
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
The first production run of intakes willbemore than the number of people on the list, so please add your name. Installation is easy and comes with instaructions so that should not be a problem. Not sure on shipping and import tax to AUS.

Quote:

richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #221
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
$700.00 for 10 extra hp.. intake and exhaust may bring it up to 120 hp which may beat the new FIT power band!....interesting..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #222
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
yea that new fit comes with 117hp i believe. :(
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #223
kou

Drives: 08 lb
if all the #'s are right. we should looking at 125whp with intake, header, full 2'' exhaust,pulleys and this manifold
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #224
richardholdener

Please don't speculate about power numbers using the intake-that is why I provided the power graph. No one has produced anwhere near 125 wheel hp in NA form. I posted a graph previously where we made 120 wheel hp using a version of the intake, CAI, no exhaust (just a down pipe) and the stock ex man. It may be possible to get to 125 wheel hp, but it will likely take a long-tube header (which does not exist as of yet) and underdrive pulleys (assuming they are worth power). Your typical CAI, axle back and this intake will be closer to 115 wheel hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
if all the #'s are right. we should looking at 125whp with intake, header, full 2'' exhaust,pulleys and this manifold
Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #225
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
less rotational mass, so they must have some gain? If that is considered rotational mass? Pulleys that is!
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #226
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I can handle the shipping to Australia. 10 pounds shipped USPS Priority International is about $60. (I'm guessing it would be about 10 pounds packed).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #227
kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Please don't speculate about power numbers using the intake-that is why I provided the power graph. No one has produced anwhere near 125 wheel hp in NA form. I posted a graph previously where we made 120 wheel hp using a version of the intake, CAI, no exhaust (just a down pipe) and the stock ex man. It may be possible to get to 125 wheel hp, but it will likely take a long-tube header (which does not exist as of yet) and underdrive pulleys (assuming they are worth power). Your typical CAI, axle back and this intake will be closer to 115 wheel hp.
sorry Richard,maybe i am just getting to excited. instead of an axle back how much hp can be gained from full 2'' header back exhaust.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #228
richardholdener

The real gains from underdrive pulleys comes not from the change in weight but from a reduction in the speed of the accessories. This assumes the pulleys have changed dimension (smaller on crank or larger on accessory). From my testing on other applications, a lighter weight pulley will offer little if any power gain-you need to slow down the speed of the water pump, ps pump, alt etc.. to realize significant gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
less rotational mass, so they must have some gain? If that is considered rotational mass? Pulleys that is!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #229
richardholdener

The 120 wheel hp run was made with no exhaust after the custom downpipe, so that is about as free flowing as you can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
sorry Richard,maybe i am just getting to excited. instead of an axle back how much hp can be gained from full 2'' header back exhaust.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #230
Ranggarn

Drives: Yaris 3Door YRX
Ok if someone could please add me to the list then = )
Ranggarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #231
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Yah if there is any confusion, the intake manifold he did on the 120whp run isn't the version we will be getting.

He emailed me this awhile ago when I asked him if i could reach 120whp with underdrive pulley, lightweight alt pulley, lightweight waterpump pulley, AEM intake, axleback...

"The 120 hp run was made to see if we could reach that power level. The mods included light weight oil, a custom version of the intake tuned speficially for that purpose and a custom downpipe withno cat and no cat-back exhaust. We also tuned the length of the CAI/MAF assembly so it is doubtful that you will reach the 120 wheel hp level with the mods you described."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
yea that new fit comes with 117hp i believe. :(
I don't think it's to the wheels.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #232
richardholdener

Did anyone add this gentleman to the list? Test Yaris is being delivered tonight so we can start on production intake tomorrow. Will keep you posted and suply photos as soon as it is ready.

Quote:
Ok if someone could please add me to the list then = )
Old 11-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #233
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
"Kou" has to do it since he's thread maker. Unless a mod will do it until Kou signs on and realizes this..

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #234
kou

he has been added.