Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #73
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlnblkdrs View Post
lol omg.. ok i cant take it anymore!!! put ur groceries on the floor in front of the passenger if u so hate using the trunk space! i put loads of ish there and it stays just fine.. i keep my pocketbook on the passenger seat.. easier than floor to grab n go.. i dont even use my coinholder.. thats y i have a pocketbook with a wallet inside!

holy cows woman.. if u nitpick ur car so much, i hate to see how u nitpick men.. if they even stay around past complaint one!

suzuki swift is a POS!!!!!!
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #74
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Yaris View Post
reading through the thread...where are these coin holders?
I'm not real sure, don't really use them, but I think they're talking about the little compartments in front of the vents? There are also compartments on each side of the console, in the middle, maybe that's it?

Coin-holders problems are like a non-issue for me, so I don't know.

tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #75
otterhere

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3-door Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I'm not real sure, don't really use them, but I think they're talking about the little compartments in front of the vents? There are also compartments on each side of the console, in the middle, maybe that's it?

Coin-holders problems are like a non-issue for me, so I don't know.

The actual "coin holders" are in that awkwardly placed glove box right in front of the steering wheel; three slots, although we have four denominations of coin.

Compartments: two in front of air vents for cups; not so brilliant, since cups will block air. One in center console too shallow for anything. My little toy raccoon mascot lives there. Cup holder so far back between seat you have to contort or take eyes off road to use. Bottle holders right where you want to keep your maps (driver's side) and other reading material (newspaper/book for road trip passenger on the other side); don't try to put a cup there because the little graphic tells you NO cup; YES bottle! Finally, two little triangular compartments where, if you put money, it will disappear forever down inside the Yaris. Not right shape for a cell phone.

Not sure what people do with these; I ended up decorating with a pretty pine cone and spruce sprig for winter. Maybe a robin's nest for spring... Ideas???
otterhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #76
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Attached Images

KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #77
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Not all countries have 4 coin denominations. Also, the car beep can be eliminated by a code scanner at the dealership.
With in a week of owning my Yaris I was able to get the dealer to turn off my seal belt alarm. It took some arm twisting, however it was well worth the effort. Now when my old fat dog rides shot gun I have silence.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #78
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The actual "coin holders" are in that awkwardly placed glove box right in front of the steering wheel; three slots, although we have four denominations of coin.

Compartments: two in front of air vents for cups; not so brilliant, since cups will block air. One in center console too shallow for anything. My little toy raccoon mascot lives there. Cup holder so far back between seat you have to contort or take eyes off road to use. Bottle holders right where you want to keep your maps (driver's side) and other reading material (newspaper/book for road trip passenger on the other side); don't try to put a cup there because the little graphic tells you NO cup; YES bottle! Finally, two little triangular compartments where, if you put money, it will disappear forever down inside the Yaris. Not right shape for a cell phone.

Not sure what people do with these; I ended up decorating with a pretty pine cone and spruce sprig for winter. Maybe a robin's nest for spring... Ideas???
I'm starting to wonder if you really want ideas or just like to complain about the car

Oh, you mean the coin holder in the glove box?! I forgot about that one. That's a nice touch actually, away from sight, might use it. I didn't like that driver's glove box at first, but I love it now.

I guess I haven't yet found all the compartments in the car, yet, but if you mean the weird holes on each the side of the console, I stick a travel pack of Kleenexes and the napkins I grab with my morning coffee in there. You never know when you're gonna need to wipe your hands, seems like a good spot for that.

The coffee cup HOLDER in front of the vent is a little awkward, that's true, but not a big deal for me. My old honda didn't have any coffee cup holders at all, so one day, after spilling my coffee all over the passenger seat, I "made" one and tied it to the bottom passenger seat... coffee cups never spilled again, problem solved!

The bottle compartments on the side doors are great, though! I carry a little water bottle around all the time, so that's a great feature for me!

The cup holder in the back must be for passengers riding in the backseat. Probably won't use it either.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #79
otterhere

Complaining about the car has become a big part of my online identity, I must admit... But mostly I was just answering the question, "What coin holders/compartments?" Glad you're content with so many compartments with so few practical applications; wasted space drives me bonkers!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #80
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
My comments to Outterhere are in red. Outterhere...since you have so many complaints, did you road test and really check over the Yaris before you purchased it? Hard to believe you bought a car you do not like.
Quote:
The actual "coin holders" are in that awkwardly placed glove box right in front of the steering wheel; three slots, although we have four denominations of coin.ONly put quarters in there and they stay in fine. Location is great as it is within easy reach.

Compartments: two in front of air vents for cups; not so brilliant, since cups will block air.
Actually, they work quite well where located. In winter, heat is on and keeps my coffee warm and in summer, AC keeps drinks cool. They work well in the placement.

One in center console too shallow for anything. My little toy raccoon mascot lives there. Cup holder so far back between seat you have to contort or take eyes off road to use.
That cup holder you refer to far back and between the seats is for a person sitting in the back seat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottle holders right where you want to keep your maps (driver's side) and other reading material (newspaper/book for road trip passenger on the other side); don't try to put a cup there because the little graphic tells you NO cup; YES bottle!
Great for a bottle of water

Finally, two little triangular compartments where, if you put money, it will disappear forever down inside the Yaris. Not right shape for a cell phone.
Large enough to put cell phone there or small items.

Interior decorating is not my thing....but it might be interesting to see how you decorate your interior. Did you decorate your Swift also?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #81
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Complaining about the car has become a big part of my online identity, I must admit... But mostly I was just answering the question, "What coin holders/compartments?" Glad you're content with so many compartments with so few practical applications; wasted space drives me bonkers!
Otterhere, I'm content driving a car that gets me safely from point A to point B in relative comfort and safety, and doesn't make me call road service assistance every other day!

I don't think the Yaris the perfect car by any means, but for the price, it's a good car. The rest is a question of attitude, I suppose, you know, choose your battles, don't sweat the small stuff, all that good stuff.

By the way, where is that picture of your beloved Swift?!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #82
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
still waiting to hear what the deciding factor to buy the Yaris was and why you bought it
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #83
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by texkid View Post
I just put my oil drain plug washers in the coin holders. Prevents me from loosing them in the tool box abyss.

BTW, I can fit $200 worth of groceries plus a 100lb bag of dog food into the trunk!
BRILLIANT.

I have no idea why I didn't think of that! The other day I was mid-way through changing the oil, and couldn't find my baggy of crush filters! This is the third (and thankfully) last time I will use that one, now that's a brilliant place to store them!
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #84
otterhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
This is the third (and thankfully) last time I will use that one, now that's a brilliant place to store them!
THAT'S what that's for...

Yeah, I can put just quarters in there, but then why have three separate divided compartments for one denomination? I can tell I'm the only poster here with a logical mind.

My Swift was the 2000 hatch; silver. Can been seen on used cars.com (not the actual car, but a reasonable facsimile, including interior shots). Loved it.

Why Yaris? Toyota reliability and smallest car out there other than Twofer.
I test-drove it; I didn't live in it for a week. Upon closer examination, eh...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #85
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
THAT'S what that's for...

I can tell I'm the only poster here with a logical mind.
Hmm... yeah, that comment should go over real well.

I have to agree on one point, though, the interior of the Swift 200 looks a little more streamlined, visibility all around is good, size is truly sub-compact. but now I wonder why you sold it? You said it you had to. Why? Well built cars last a lot longer than 9 years. If it was already starting to ask for major repairs, then it couldn't have been such a well built car.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #86
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
My Swift was the 2000 hatch; silver. Can been seen on used cars.com (not the actual car, but a reasonable facsimile, including interior shots). Loved it.
http://usedcars.com/powersearch.aspx

The Swift isn't even an option on Suzuki's model list! lol

Anyway....

Found a listing on AutoTrader and finally came up with an interior photo of the beloved Swift. Notice all the cupholders, compartments, ect... Also notice how the hatch opens by itself when it senses your presence and also how the passenger airbag will go off even with no passenger because it doesn't have that pesky sensor. Yes, the perfect little car!

Sorry to beat up on you Otterhere (is it supposed to be "Outtahere"), but your complaints are pretty silly. Reminds me to much of "Caveatipse" who got banned more times than we can count.
Attached Images

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #87
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
This thread is the funniest thread in a long time. It's been hijacked by comediens. Otterhere is not finding a whole lot of sympathy for the 5 billion items wrong with her Yaris. She and Bobby should get together, no? He can praise the PHIT and she can the SWIFT...
I've been pretty baffled by this whole "I-hate-my-Yaris-because-it's-not-as-good-as-my- geo-metro-I-mean-suzuki-swift-which-was-the-best-car-in-the-whole-wide-world" thing, but I finally understand that I'm not supposed to understand it.
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #88
yarswiss
Albino truck smasher

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Auto
How can you say the "glove" compartment behind the wheel is useless? Look what I can do with it:
$3 in change
Allen key and bolt set
Schlage pliers
Digital camera

Everything I need!

yarswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #89
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Quote:
I can tell I'm the only poster here with a logical mind.
Such a logical mind that you purchased a great little car, good fuel economy, Toyota reliabililty and low price. Glad you used your logical mind to purchase such a GREAT car.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #90
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOUGEghost View Post
I've been pretty baffled by this whole "I-hate-my-Yaris-because-it's-not-as-good-as-my- geo-metro-I-mean-suzuki-swift-which-was-the-best-car-in-the-whole-wide-world" thing, but I finally understand that I'm not supposed to understand it.
Finally, five pages later, we have the answer.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote