Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
DOMAV

Drives: Yaris 09 T-spirit 1.33
cup holder removal

hi can someone help me and tell me how to remove the cup holder the one at the top near the steering wheel ?
DOMAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
SweetRS

Drives: 2006 Yaris Rs
i second this....damn spilt coffee stains!!
SweetRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
It's actually pretty tricky. You have to open it first, then squeeze the sides in. There is a little plastic piece that prevents it from falling out, and you have to kind of stick a flat head screwdriver in there to make it come out.

Oh and make sure you remove the screw from the bottom of the holder (visible only when the cup holder is open).

I'll see if I can post pics up a little later on today. I took mine out and put them in the dishwasher.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
DOMAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
It's actually pretty tricky. You have to open it first, then squeeze the sides in. There is a little plastic piece that prevents it from falling out, and you have to kind of stick a flat head screwdriver in there to make it come out.

Oh and make sure you remove the screw from the bottom of the holder (visible only when the cup holder is open).

I'll see if I can post pics up a little later on today. I took mine out and put them in the dishwasher.
it would be great if you have some pics thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #5
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist putting that in.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Instead of removing it, why not just stop using it? What are you going to do with that space where it once was?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #7
DOMAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Instead of removing it, why not just stop using it? What are you going to do with that space where it once was?
no i'm not going to remove it i want to change it cause its all marked in the front, actually my toyota is new and the toyota dealer is going to change it for me for free,

i want to know what it needs to be done so when i go and collect my car i see if the damaged the surrounding from where they took it off
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #8
devinlamothe

Sorry for no pics yesterday, I totally forgot. Will go out and grab some pics in a few.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
devinlamothe

Ok so here goes. Don't mind the coffee stains lol cups tend to spill a lot in these holders, they get all the vibration from the road.

1) Remove the screw. I don't know if this is absolutely necessary but I do it anyways.

2) Take a thin screwdriver and try and pry one side, while taking your other hand and squeezing both sides together. You have to pull quite hard to get the top portion to come out. So don't be shy here.

3) Once the top piece is out, take your small screwdriver and pry & pull the clips near the bottom. There is one clip on each side, but the clip on the left is the easiest to get off first.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
DOMAV

thanks for all your help