Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
42ezra

Drives: 2010 2dr MT Liftback
Bullnose Yaris Buyback from Toyota

Anybody else getting offers to buy your bullnose at $3800 above market? I smell the making of a collector car - maybe others have known this all along. I would say DON'T SELL!!
42ezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
What exactly is a "Bullnose" Yaris?
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #3
KALISPEL II

Drives: '22 Mazda CX-30 CE AWD 6-AT
New car sales are way down, as our economy pushes towards the next 2008 economic crash in 2020-2021. Most people in the U.S. now earn low-wages as individuals ($35K or less per year) & are at their debt limits & defaulting. The local Toyota dealership here is constantly calling & emailing me to come in & trade my Yaris in on a new Toyota. It's crazy how desperate they are to sell something currently. Great time to get a great deal if you really want a new car.
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #4
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I've gotten those, 'we want your car' letters for a long time now. Other modified cars have humored them and gone in, only to be turned away. They're canned letters meant to get people on the lot. I highly doubt they'd give me anything for my car.

Like you, I've felt like there may be a Yaris love interest at some point in the future; when it gets old enough and people get bored with some of the newer stuff. What hurts it here in the US is the zero performance factor. That being said, it's not as though the Corolla was a sports car. It'll be interesting to see what direction the automotive winds blow. I can say from my time on Instagram that there is a LOT of Yaris love globally. A big club in Indonesia with individual chapters bigger than any Yaris club around these parts. Philippines, Central America, Greece, Middle East, Canada --all doing cool Yaris things, but all getting cooler Yaris' from Toyota and all with very different automotive needs/interests. Here, it'll probably just fade away like so many other models have.

I'll keep building and showing mine for as long as possible. Hopefully, we'll be around to see what happens!

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Got one of those too a little while back, and I don’t even have my Yaris anymore. If they can locate the scrapyard she’s resting in, then sure I’ll take a brand new Yaris for whatever’s still left of her.

Seriously, it would’ve been more worth my time and mailbox space if the letter was printed on hemp paper...

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Got one of those too a little while back, and I don’t even have my Yaris anymore. If they can locate the scrapyard she’s resting in, then sure I’ll take a brand new Yaris for whatever’s still left of her.

Seriously, it would’ve been more worth my time and mailbox space if the letter was printed on hemp paper...

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
BIGTAZ351
147K-Blue / 24K-Yellow

Drives: 2010 Ylw 3dr. AT(Blue-Wife's)
The only time I have EVER heard "Bullnose" used in reference to a vehicle is 1980-1986 F-Series Trucks!

Repair List:
1 new blower motor, making funny noise. @ 91K (Water pump @ 120K)
Mod List:
1. Black tape on most of the annoying blue high beam light behind the lens. (thank you CTScott)
BIGTAZ351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #8
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTAZ351 View Post
The only time I have EVER heard "Bullnose" used in reference to a vehicle is 1980-1986 F-Series Trucks!
Me too. Those letters are just meaningless spam to get you into the showroom.
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote