Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
Brettguy

Drives: 5 spd MT,black ASA iwheels
Finally did my water pump

Slogged through 8 hrs of finagling and massaging parts parts loose yesterday and got it done

Observations: this is the most cramped space ive ever worked on. I couldn't get enough space to fit my 3/8 torque wrench with a 1/4 in adapter in order to torque down the pumps side bolts to their 8-11ft lb range so I just went "real tight" with a 10mm wrench,

if I were to do this again again I'd buy:

1/4 in torque wrench
Stubby ratcheting wrenches
Shallow 10,12mm sockets

Questions remain:
Car only took ~4.4 quarts out of the 5.1 stated, I've burped and refilled with a regular funnel about 5 times and everything seems well, though spilling an annoying amount each time

Is checking the level on the expansion tank the best way for checking for a slow leak?

If my temps were normal during a 50 mile hwy run then can I assume it's properly bled?

Did I screw myself by not using a torque wrench?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Brettguy is offline   Reply With Quote