Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
A/C Woes - Opinons/Guidance Welcomed

DANG! May need yet another A/C compressor!

After my swap, obviously I needed to do some A/C work. I replaced the compressor with a used one and it turned out to have a noisy bearing, so back it went. The 'new' used one runs very quiet, but may have problems.

Below is my thought process.

As far as servicing the system, I followed the ChrisFix youtube video to the letter. I will say that there was some leaking around my manifold gauge fittings while filling with R134 despite properly tightening the fittings (firmly tight by hand/snug)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdq8JAlct6s

The system held vacuum over night, so I was pretty sure it was leak free.

Put 1.3 cans of R134 (~16 oz) into the system.

Here is a pic of my readings - basically high presure on the LOW side, low pressure on the HIGH side. According to the tables below my pic, high pressure on the LOW side and low pressure on the HIGH side might suggest a faulty compressor.

Open to guidance. I would really like to do this myself, not be defeated and have to go to an A/C shop.

With Engine Off: ~55psi LOW side and ~42 psi HIGH side
With Engine Running: ~50psi LOW side and ~40psi HIGH side
A/C on and set to coldest position. Ambient temp was probably around 50F in my garage, so I had to do a bit of extrapolation.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 12-07-2018 at 10:02 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote