Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
mkreisher
I've made a post!

Drives: dont have one yet
Fair price for STANDARD 2 door L 2012 Yaris?

I live in SoCal, the San Fernando Valley to be exact. I went to North Hollywood Toyota and they quoted me $15829 MSRP and final price $17829.00. Again, this is a standard 2 door L with no extra packages or anything. Its got manual windows, no cruise control, etc. I know prices in SoCal are gonna be higher than anywhere else, especially since gas prices are so high here and these fuel savers are banking on it so do you guys think this is a fair price? I like the Yaris but not if Im gonna be ripped off...
mkreisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
it depends how much time and effort you want to take calling around and getting better deals. Without any real details of the car I think it sounds high, see if you can negotiate down, or see if their are any dealers not quite as close willing to give you a better deal.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Try costcoauto.com and see what it quotes you. I just tried it using a California zip code (91340) and it shows MSRP $14,115 for a base 2dr L w/manual tranny.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
Hello North Hollywood everything is over price there..
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Crims0n5
Need More Mods!

Drives: 09 Flint Mica S Sedan!
Send a message via AIM to Crims0n5
Do you have AAA? They may be able to get you a lower price.

Giggity, Giggity
Crims0n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Try costcoauto.com and see what it quotes you. I just tried it using a California zip code (91340) and it shows MSRP $14,115 for a base 2dr L w/manual tranny.
Also, try Carsdirect.com. That is how I buy all my cars now. Next car I will try Costco. And, if you have time, try Longo Toyota in El Monte. I know it is far but they usually have the best prices.

Finally, I would stay away from North Hollywood Toyota:
1. They are one of those dealers that pre-install those cheesy aftermarket alarms in their cars. The Finance Guy will then try to shaft you by upselling the alarm. Even if you decline the cheesy alarm, the wiring is all butchered up.
2. I bought my Yaris through Carsdirect.com. They sent me to North Hollywood Toyota. When you purchase through Carsdirect, the dealer is supposed have ALL of the paperwork done and it should only take 15~30 minutes to sign the paperwork, hand over the check, check out the car, and then drive away. North Hollywood made me go to the Finance Guy (I HATE the FINANCE GUY of any dealership). Wasted almost two hours there.
3. I complained to Carsdirect. I told Carsdirect when I purchased my next car (a Camry for my mom) that if the car had any aftermarket crap, I would walk out on the deal; and if I had to spend any time with the FINACE GUY, I would walk out on the deal. Her car was at Longo and everything went smoothly. They even delivered her car.
4. Carsdirect.com is great because you can print out their price and use it as a bargaining tool (assuming it is cheap).
5. I am not affiliated with Carsdirect in any was except I purchased my last three cars through them and other than the North Hollywood expereince, have been satisfied.
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
oh i love making fun of finance guys. Or if you are really nice, they start telling all the great stories of the garbage they get other people to buy. If you want to make it fast, tell them that up front. I spend 5 minutes in front of the finance person when I bought my car.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #8
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkreisher View Post
I live in SoCal, the San Fernando Valley to be exact. I went to North Hollywood Toyota and they quoted me $15829 MSRP and final price $17829.00. Again, this is a standard 2 door L with no extra packages or anything. Its got manual windows, no cruise control, etc. I know prices in SoCal are gonna be higher than anywhere else, especially since gas prices are so high here and these fuel savers are banking on it so do you guys think this is a fair price? I like the Yaris but not if Im gonna be ripped off...
Hi m, :)

Try calling Brandon at Marina Del Rey Toyota 775-225-4447 and tell him Greg recommended you. He's an honest salesman who may be able to help you.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
BURRITO

Drives: 2010 yaris hb
believe it or not. craigslist too. thats where we got ours. vendor said it was sitting on his lot for months. and the price reflected it. now, we'd be lucky to get it at the same price.

also, the newspaper adds/specials. when they say they have two available in stock well get it in that price or walk away.

everyone else had some really good opinions too.
BURRITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
tooter
play every day

Drives: 2012 Yaris L 2dr 5sp
I bought mine a week ago for $16,600 cash out the door. It came with AC, tilt wheel, AM/FM/CD, and power door locks. Some of the accessories I didn't want, but since only one manual transmission car was available, I went with what they had and am pleased with it.
tooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURRITO View Post
also, the newspaper adds/specials. when they say they have two available in stock well get it in that price or walk away.
Ah yes. The "loss leader" specals. That's how I bought my cars pre-internet. Just be careful; if you ask for ANYTHING that is not standard on the advertised car, be prepared for the aggressive upsell!
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
price