Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
WRX

Drives: 2012 YarisLE 2014Lexusct200hF
2012 LE 5dr hatch lowering springs and braces

Hey guys new here just got a used 2012 LE 5dr hatch with 36k miles.

So far its great, very easy car to drive. It is my commuter. I do however want to beef up my handling so I can lane change at 65mph-70mph and not be wobbly, or perhaps carve curves a bit better. I know tires can effect this as well as shocks and springs, and sway bar.

I'm pretty new to this car I've been combing these threads and others for info I hope you guys can help.

I'm looking for the following info: 1) Stock front Sway bar size?
2) Stock Rear sway bar size if it exists?

*I want to know those so I can buy the proper size bar and have neutral handling, not dangerous over steer or under steer. *Will I need to buy bushings, end links for the rear bar?

Also hmm lowering springs I was leaning towards Eibach pro kit and or TRD springs if they fit. Will 2011 Yaris springs fit a 2012?

Shocks not sure I am hoping to hear recommendations on what to pair with the Eibach pro kit for best ride quality and handling.

Braces will the 2011 Yaris braces fit my 2012 and if so is their a noticeable difference in improved handling? Are they worth it?

Where to shop for parts?, lots of places out there but not all businesses are on top of orders.

Hoping you all can get me up to speed on the info/advice and best suspension upgrades. Thanks in advance
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Shop microimageonline.com

They are a supporting vender here, operated by cali_yaris, situated in California.

Rear sway bar, springs, shocks are all the same for model years 2006 to 2014. Sway bar offerings would be TRD, UltraRacing, and Whiteline. Pretty much all equal for the everyday spirited driver. TRD and Ultra are easiest to install. Stock shocks would be ok with mild TRD or ProKit drops. Tokico Blues would be better.

Not sure about front bars and braces, but they are mostly useless unless you are a dedicated auto-crosser. Doesn't sound like you are.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Definitely shop with Garm at Microimage. He ships quickly and always has great prices. Plus if you can't figure out what you want you can email or PM him on here tell him what you want for your car and recommend the best set-up for you.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
WRX

Awesome thanks for the info and quick response
Old 12-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
malibuguy
Obsessed with 1.5L

Drives: '10 PW Yaris Sedan
adding a rear sway bar is the easiest, fastest way to update the handling of the car.

Do that first. Garm sells a UR 19mm & a 23mm along with an adjustable Whiteline unit.

I have the UR 23mm on my sedan (along with many other suspension mods).

You would probably want the 19mm unit. The UR units install in less then 10minutes if you know what your doing.

-10 PW sedan 107whp/110wtq, full exhaust, suspension bits, TRD LSD
-06 Highlander 3mzfe Limited AWD
-82 Malibu, 1uzfe swap
-97 Tercel coupe, 1nzfe/4.31
-96 Tercel coupe, Turbo 5efe, autoX
-96 Tercel 4dr
malibuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
WRX

Just got the TRD springs, TRD shocks and struts and the TRD sway bar weather mats. Got them from sparkstrd I cant wait to install them.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
WRX

This car is like fixing up an RC car its great lol. The engine is so small compared to all the other cars Ive had. Im actually excited about getting 15in rims, my other car is a 2013 wrx and ive come from bmw3 m3s and so on but the simplicity and low profile of this car and its awesomeness in gas mileage are really growing on me.