Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #469
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Good luck Andres.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #470
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I was almost disqualified on day 1. I was taking a nap
that's awesome. good thing your pals came to get you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnamerxx View Post
We have another Yaris that's going to register for the Pro and National next month.
Is it Alvin? I signed up for Sunday in the Yaris. I'm going to get my butt handed to me, but oh well. I need the practice, as I've been away far too long.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #471
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
Is it Alvin? I signed up for Sunday in the Yaris. I'm going to get my butt handed to me, but oh well. I need the practice, as I've been away far too long.

I believe so, he's been pretty good about attending every event so I would imagine he's gonna be there.
Nah, you're fast enough that if you put down a respectable time, you should have him.
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #472
andres3165

Drives: Yaris to be
Quote:
Scott was cool. saturday was close battle for 4th for me and him. I blame the lack of coffee and sleep Sunday was a bit more tough, Running the couse backwards definitely favored other cars more so than the day before.

I left saturday morning at 245am and got there at 630. I didn't calculate gas so I ended up running with a little more than half a tank of gas in the car. Silly me. There was NO open gas stations after I got off the interstate so Coffee was out of the question. When I got there it was pitch black, so I had to swap tires, check in, and get teched within an hour. Walked the course a few times. I ran 2nd heat and worked 5th.

All in all it was fun. I will post up pictures and results, I came in 5th out of 14 in STF.. Was fun. Will be doing this again and again and again.

Scott said he was moving back to San Diego here soon.
Yes hes a very nice guy , I put him to work , and he learned how to remove his rear shocks... ;)

Andres
andres3165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #473
ilikerice

HAHA, that is awesome. He was telling me how he doesn't know anything about his car, he just drives it. I know he learned a lot that weekend. He is only going to get faster.

I got some pictures I will post up here eventually of the STF cars.. Just need to get them off my phone first. I'm lazy when it comes to technology.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #474
andres3165

Quote:
HAHA, that is awesome. He was telling me how he doesn't know anything about his car, he just drives it. I know he learned a lot that weekend. He is only going to get faster.

I got some pictures I will post up here eventually of the STF cars.. Just need to get them off my phone first. I'm lazy when it comes to technology.
It was a pleasure to meet you to, what a gentleman, also met Buzz what a character ;) ; as far as the intake project I got to measure the intake temp without the coolant and when the car is moving the temperature is only 2 degrees higher than outside temperature.

Andres

Last edited by andres3165; 03-17-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #475
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Quote:

That kinda sounds like Scott lol. It's awesome he's still rocking the beard.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #476
justjesus

My visit to STF went as I expected. Alvin ran circles around me! He's pretty quick. Got me by 5 seconds on a 60 second course (for the fast guys).

I paxed 157 out of 245. My worst in quite some time.

But I had fun in the Yaris again. :)
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #477
andres3165

Quote:
Good luck Andres.
Thanks Derrick,

I had a blast, learned a lot , even made it to the Challenge with a 41.547 on the right course but got killed by an ESP Camaro driven by a National Champion (Dave Ogbum III )

http://sololive.scca.com/STF.html

Here is my video of the fastest STF run in the right course, 41.896, .576 RT and 2.482 60' , .039 faster than Lee and .176 faster than Greg

Disclaimer: Unedited, adult language and too long since I forgot to turn the camera off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPq0i...YmC_tQ5QxL5ZtA

Andres
Old 03-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #478
ilikerice

Joe Austin can't get a clean run in can he? You beat Daniel at least, HAHA..

That course was short. Well done keeping constant speed in the slalom. Looks fun. Wish I could go to all the tour events. I will try to be at Lincoln, NE this year.

No Yaris to represent =( at least a toyota was there

Last edited by ilikerice; 03-25-2014 at 08:54 PM.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #479
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Got me some tires :)

Old 04-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #480
ilikerice

nice, but why the 195? 225 is where the grip is at
Old 04-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #481
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Couldn't get 225 I also run a 7" rim so I wouldn't gain much going to a wider tire. Plus the 195 is about half an inch shorter.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #482
ilikerice

I run 7" rims. Most people do. Also, the grip you get out of the 225 is more beneficial than the little bit of acceleration you get from that half an inch smaller diameter. BUT I do understand availability issue right now. The version 2 wont be available til april 16th...
Old 04-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #483
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Yeah these are V1 tires.

I'm not entirely sold on the 225 thing, from the data I logged with my Rivals the 205 were faster than the 225 because they were lighter and didn't deflect as much.

Initial impressions with the Hankooks are mostly positive aside from some oversteer action in the very first turn they have an impressive amount of longitudinal traction, and turn in feels quite nice.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #484
ilikerice

Different driving techniques I guess. I feel the 12 extra pounds I get from the 225 over the 195 is worth the momentum I can carry thru the slaloms. I will say, the Toyo R1R are amazing in the rain. Currently running R1R up front and RS3 in the back. Best setup sofar for me. I enjoy the rotation I get with them.

To each their own.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #485
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
The RS3 is my favorite ST tires based on the testing we did a number of years ago, and that opinion did not change after going to the Rival launch. The RS3 drives the most like an R compound of any of them, just with a lower grip threshold. They rotate great, put power down good, and most important to me are easy to drive on the edge. For Solo ultimate speed is not important to me, its drive-ability, got to be able maximize it in three runs.

I wanted to run the RS3 the year we ran STX at natls, but like so often is the case, Hankook was out of rubber and the one set I had was down to the cords. We ended up on the Dunlop and with a 2nd place finish.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #486
justjesus

I could just imagine the RS3s. I had the RS2 for a short time, and it was fun, fun, funnn.

Worn down R1Rs are not so much fun in the rain...while driving TO the event !
Once there, they were pretty good. :)