Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #91
advocate

Drives: car
Sounds like you guys are going to have this ready in perfect timing for be to buy it =)

Also, I have to vote that selling something with a tune map preinstalled would be a HUGE help.

Tuning costs can be huge and are something some people might not consider before actually buying the kit.

A tune designed to run in California would be just awesome... we do have one of the highest populations / per state so it could be used by lots of people!
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #92
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Any status update on this? Not to be cliche, but after doing a few months research it is becoming more and more of a daunting task to swap a 2zz into my sedan. I mean a decent rebuilt 2zz will run 5-7k alone just for the long block. No tranny, no EMS, no LSD, no upgraded suspension, no exhaust system. My real goal would be the 150-160hp range which sounds like it could be a solid and stable setup that is in the works.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.

Last edited by fnkngrv; 08-23-2010 at 02:23 AM.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #93
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Any status update on this? Not to be cliche, but after doing a few months research it is becoming more and more of a daunting task to swap a 2zz into my sedan. I mean a decent rebuilt 2zz will run 5-7k alone just for the long block. No tranny, no EMS, no LSD, no upgraded suspension, no exhaust system. My real goal would be the 15-160hp range which sounds like it could be a solid and stable setup that is in the works.
+1 Im also wondering what all your kit includes cdydjded?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #94
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
My kit will be complete. Turbo, manifold, downpipe, all nuts, bolts, gaskets needed, I/C with piping, hose & t bolt clamps, injectors, everything! No cutting will be necessary, only drilling & a small amount of grinding. The only parts I do not include in my kit are:
Exhaust
Gauges
AEM FIC or eManage

But I can add those above items or any others as an option.....
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #95
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
My kit will be complete. Turbo, manifold, downpipe, all nuts, bolts, gaskets needed, I/C with piping, hose & t bolt clamps, injectors, everything! No cutting will be necessary, only drilling & a small amount of grinding. The only parts I do not include in my kit are:
Exhaust
Gauges
AEM FIC or eManage

But I can add those above items or any others as an option.....
Well I'm wanting to do 10psi daily and bump it up for track days. Things I'm concerned about are:

1. Will I need to sleeve the block if going to 15psi on the track maybe once every 2 months (if that)?
2. Will the injectors you supply be enough for 10psi everyday?
3. Will I have to upgrade coils at that boost level?

According to zage's website they got 190bhp at .5 bar (7ish psi), so I was wanting to shoot for a lil over 200 at 10psi daily. And you've probably posted this but I'm to lazy to search for it right now, what turbo and trim would this be using? I was thinking t28 or gt28 with 54-64 trim level, in that range.

The only reason I posted this in this thread is someone may want this info in the future and maybe other people have input on my questions.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #96
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
1. no
2. 10 yes, 15 probably not.
3. no

The Yaris stock fuel system runs out at about 13 psi. Above that, you'll need a stronger pump, and at some point a return line.

Best turbo for 150-200 is a GT25 so you get a nimble spool-up. A GT28 is going to feel laggy.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #97
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
1. no
2. 10 yes, 15 probably not.
3. no

The Yaris stock fuel system runs out at about 13 psi. Above that, you'll need a stronger pump, and at some point a return line.

Best turbo for 150-200 is a GT25 so you get a nimble spool-up. A GT28 is going to feel laggy.
Thanks for chiming in garm. I was planning on upgrading to a Walbro 255 anyway. Was also planning on getting 550cc(small/large?) injectors too.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #98
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by coheed View Post
Well I'm wanting to do 10psi daily and bump it up for track days. On a stock motor with stock rods & pistons i would not suggest to run more than 8lbs maxThings I'm concerned about are:

1. Will I need to sleeve the block if going to 15psi on the track maybe once every 2 months (if that)? The factory sleeves are not the problem, the issue is the factory pistons & rods
2. Will the injectors you supply be enough for 10psi everyday? Apply above answers
3. Will I have to upgrade coils at that boost level? No

According to zage's website they got 190bhp at .5 bar (7ish psi), so I was wanting to shoot for a lil over 200 at 10psi daily. And you've probably posted this but I'm to lazy to search for it right now, what turbo and trim would this be using? I was thinking t28 or gt28 with 54-64 trim level, in that range.

The only reason I posted this in this thread is someone may want this info in the future and maybe other people have input on my questions.
If you want 200hp you will have to upgrade the pistons & rods on the 1NZ. My kit or any for that matter, on an 1NZ with upgraded pistons/rods & other supporting mods (fuel system & good tune) will make 225-250hp @ 10-15lbs.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 AM   #99
coheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
If you want 200hp you will have to upgrade the pistons & rods on the 1NZ. My kit or any for that matter, on an 1NZ with upgraded pistons/rods & other supporting mods (fuel system & good tune) will make 225-250hp @ 10-15lbs.
I was deffinitely planning on replacing rods and pistons. I wouldnt turbo any motor at 10psi or above without replacing those.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #100
coheed

Again sorry to thread jack.

Would I be able to achieve my goals with a turbo thats 0.60 A/R Compressor, 0.49 A/R Exhuast side? For some reason I feel like the exhaust side a/r would limit me.