Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #37
jabberjaws5
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Price paid for Yaris hatchback

Got my blazing blue auto hatchback with power package and fog lights for 11,600 yesterday.
jabberjaws5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #38
rockchops

Drives: 2007 Yaris
I just put $200 down to buy a new Yaris (auto w/ convenience package only) for $12,727 with recent grad discount. I'm picking it up in a few days. Not the best deal but I think I did fair considering how I loathe negotiating with dealers. This is my first ever new car purchase. I can't wait!
rockchops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #39
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Damn, I paid a bit more than ya'll did, but that is the price ya pay to have the First... in Toledo.... Chino is the first in Ohio... I am sure I am 2nd
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #40
dr_evo

Drives: 05 Evolution VIII, 07 Yaris LB
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum. I basically am wrapping up a deal with a blazing blue liftback automatic. I am getting it for 11,232 with 2,000 as a trade and I will be paying 170 a month for 72 months. do you guys think its a good deal?
dr_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:33 PM   #41
pc1x1

Drives: Yaris 2007 Liftback (Jan 07)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_evo View Post
Hi everyone, Im new to the forum. I basically am wrapping up a deal with a blazing blue liftback automatic. I am getting it for 11,232 with 2,000 as a trade and I will be paying 170 a month for 72 months. do you guys think its a good deal?
I think its good
pc1x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #42
dr_evo

Quote:
hi again everyone. it turns out that i cannot own a yaris after all. when i came down today at dublin toyota here in the bay area to sign the papers, the general sales manager said that he will not go through with his previous offer and would not sell me the car. he basically wanted me to pay msrp instead otherwise he wont sell me the car. this happened after i already had called my insurance and had the yaris' vin covered under my policy. talk about dirty tactics but oh well. that's how everything goes.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #43
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
That's a really crappy way to do business.

I'd be asking to speak to the Dealer Principle (or whatever you guys call the big boss at a car dealership) and I'd be giving it to him. I'd be very surprised if they didn't honor their original proposal after a few minutes with the boss, and in the event that they didn't I'd politely ask for the business cards of everyone I've been speaking to, and once in hand, the relevant contact details for Toyota's dealer complaints department.

If you put enough fire up their asses, you'll get what you want :)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #44
dr_evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
That's a really crappy way to do business.

I'd be asking to speak to the Dealer Principle (or whatever you guys call the big boss at a car dealership) and I'd be giving it to him. I'd be very surprised if they didn't honor their original proposal after a few minutes with the boss, and in the event that they didn't I'd politely ask for the business cards of everyone I've been speaking to, and once in hand, the relevant contact details for Toyota's dealer complaints department.

If you put enough fire up their asses, you'll get what you want :)
Yeah that was what i did and the general sales manager spoke to us. Im a law graduate and my dad who was with me is an attorney. Basically it ended up with the general manager saying "if you want to pursue it then pursue a legal action". He said he was the boss and he doesnt want to sell us the car. this has caught me off-gurard really because even in a gentlemen's agreement, both parties should honor their commitment. I asked for all my papers back because they had a copy of my diploma and my original homework sheet of what the other dealers gave me. basically the general manager went looking for it but left the store after a few minutes with us waiting in there not knowing he left. to all potential toyota buyers, do not go to dublin toyota in the bay area.

one other thing, they tried to charge me almost 25% interest and i have an 800 fico score. it was a little insulting. because they ended up in the final deal with 5.99%, they decided to back out of the deal.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #45
pc1x1

Drives: Yaris 2007 Liftback (Jan 07)
Angry

Quote:
Yeah that was what i did and the general sales manager spoke to us. Im a law graduate and my dad who was with me is an attorney. Basically it ended up with the general manager saying "if you want to pursue it then pursue a legal action". He said he was the boss and he doesnt want to sell us the car. this has caught me off-gurard really because even in a gentlemen's agreement, both parties should honor their commitment. I asked for all my papers back because they had a copy of my diploma and my original homework sheet of what the other dealers gave me. basically the general manager went looking for it but left the store after a few minutes with us waiting in there not knowing he left. to all potential toyota buyers, do not go to dublin toyota in the bay area.

one other thing, they tried to charge me almost 25% interest and i have an 800 fico score. it was a little insulting. because they ended up in the final deal with 5.99%, they decided to back out of the deal.
They need to be put in their place!
pc1x1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #46
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:

This sounds like something to tell Toyota Motor Sales USA. They'll send the troops in with the flame throwers over a story like this if you know what I mean... with an 800 FICO, you should be able to finance the entire lot.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #47
oneclickfixed

Drives: SILVER S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
You sure did get a steal.
Thanks. I had been wanting to buy a Yaris. Was at the dealer on Friday, but wanted to buy private party. Bamm! Saturday morning on craigslist the guy was asking 10g's. I was on it like white on rice. He told me that had received 20 emails within the first 5 min, but I was the first to see it. I knew I was getting a steal so I only asked him to go down to 9,900. He was fine with that, and it's a done deal.
oneclickfixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #48
dr_evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
This sounds like something to tell Toyota Motor Sales USA. They'll send the troops in with the flame throwers over a story like this if you know what I mean... with an 800 FICO, you should be able to finance the entire lot.

I am sending out a letter tomorrow to the Federal trade commission, BBB, The consumer protection division of the district attorney's office in the county and toyota motor sales usa. Let us see who can get to them first.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #49
dr_evo

Hi again everyone. This time, I actually got a Black 5 Speed LB Base no options.and it is in my driveway. :) I got it for 10,500. with TTL it went to 11,630! I am happy.

Last edited by dr_evo; 04-01-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 AM   #50
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
TTL=?

Time to live?
Through the lens?

Neither works :)

In any case, I'm not liking any TLA (3 letter acronym) that costs me $1130 :P
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:18 AM   #51
AustinYaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Manual
Just bought my Yaris 4 days ago. It's a manual LB, and the only options are the $630 convenience package (AM/FM/CD, 15in Wheels, etc) and $209 floor mats. No power windows/door locks... no ABS... nothing else. Interesting to note that no manual Yaris LBs in Texas come with the power package option.

MSRP for this car was $12,664. I negotiated the price to $11,600. I went to 3 different dealers in Austin - the dealers wouldn't budge beyond this same price, so I bought from the one that offered free lifetime oil changes. With TTL (Texas car tax is 6.25%), the OTD price came to 12,580.

It's on OK deal, and I'm happy with the purchase.
AustinYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #52
dr_evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
TTL=?

Time to live?
Through the lens?

Neither works :)

In any case, I'm not liking any TLA (3 letter acronym) that costs me $1130 :P
hahaha... its tax, title and license.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #53
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
2007 yaris price

Mine had sticker of 12660. Options = convenience pack, "cold weather pack" and carpet floor mats. No ABS--had it on previous car and in 5 years it came on like once...

That price included dealer delivery/handling fee of 630--document processing and other fees, tax, title license all extra.

Negotiated price of 11800 and got about what I wanted for trade-in.

Drove 2 hours to larger city to get it--local dealer only had automatic transmission and I wanted manual. Also only black one on any lot nearby.

I did majority of deal via email and phone--VERY easy this way--no pressure or salesman BS--just ask for someone on internet sales team.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:33 PM   #54
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
$11,900 for 07 Liftback. My local dealer sold me my 04 Tacoma and wanted to keep me happy (I think).
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote