Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
JayGee

Drives: 2012 Yaris XR 3DR
Question DIY Foot well lights - power source?

Hi,

Been a while since my last visit

I want to install foot well lights in my Yaris.
The idea is to have them working with the dome/cabin light - not on all the time or with the headlights.

I've had a look at the dome light and there are three wires connected to it. Presumably GND, door open and map lights(?)
I'm not sure which to use and if there is maybe a source underneath the dash already.

Surely someone on here has done this on their Gen III.

Any help would be much appreciated.
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If I am not mistaken, your 3rd gen Yaris was made in France.

Looking at the European wiring diagrams, your positive connection will be the sky blue wire in pin 5 of connector 3A, and your door-switched negative connection will be the black wire at pin 6 of connector 3B. Both of these connectors are on the face of the under-dash fuse panel.

2012 EU - conn 3A.jpg

2012 EU - conn 3B.jpg

These connector diagrams are from the perspective of looking into the pin holes of the connector.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
JayGee

Thanks a lot!
The car was indeed made in France.
I'll have a look this weekend.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
JayGee

Got it working, thanks.

I chickened out cutting wires from the connectors, so I ran wires from the dome light instead. I used existing holes underneath the dashboard to mount the lights. Didn't want to cut wires or drill holes as I want to be able to reverse the DIY without trace when I sell on the car, not too long from now.

I'll see what it looks like tonight!

Thanks again.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:24 PM   #5
karloslatynos

Drives: 2012 Yaris TR 1.33 VVT-i Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Got it working, thanks.

I chickened out cutting wires from the connectors, so I ran wires from the dome light instead. I used existing holes underneath the dashboard to mount the lights. Didn't want to cut wires or drill holes as I want to be able to reverse the DIY without trace when I sell on the car, not too long from now.

I'll see what it looks like tonight!

Thanks again.
Your idea of having them operating is great. Any chance of pics showing how it works?

Which one set would you recommend? There are plenty of them available on aftermarket and I find it awkward to choose the right one.

thanks
karloslatynos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by karloslatynos View Post
Your idea of having them operating is great. Any chance of pics showing how it works?

Which one set would you recommend? There are plenty of them available on aftermarket and I find it awkward to choose the right one.

thanks
This was 2 years ago...
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:08 AM   #7
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
This was 2 years ago...
Thanks for letting us know about time flying. The main purpose of my post was to find the footwell solution based on someones advise who already done it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the main purpose of this forum is to exchange experiences, find answeres and solutions related to yaris cars. Iam not sure if anyone will be looking for time and date update here.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #8
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Thanks for letting us know about time flying. The main purpose of my post was to find the footwell solution based on someones advise who already done it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the main purpose of this forum is to exchange experiences, find answeres and solutions related to yaris cars. Iam not sure if anyone will be looking for time and date update here.
My point was only to ensure you understood that a reply might never come. The OP only has 41 posts and doesn't seem to be an active member of the community. Many people leave the forums without announcing it, for many different reasons.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #9
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
The way I would do it would be similar to how I did my ignition LED - wire it to the dome light so that when your dome light is triggered by your door, the LEDs would also come on.

I can't imagine they would draw too much power..
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
karloslatynos

I am looking to fit foot well light in my Mk3. I have asked the dealer for sockets (no 1, 2, 3 on attached diagram) He said he never heard if any Yaris had foot well lights equipped (!) I even told him the owners manual mentioned foot well lights as an option. After he typed my reg number and we went to the diagram (the same one like attached) he informed me parts 1, 2, 3 are not applicable for my car so he cannot order them. I had the same situation (with the same uneducated mongol) when asked for EOM Daytime Running Lights kit. I have supplied him with the part number (PZ426-B0511-00) and the answer was the same: "not applicable for your car" To me its obvious some parts may not be applicable as they were not designated to my model.

Is there any other way to get those parts?
Attached Images
File Type: png 815811A.png (88.9 KB, 362 views)

Last edited by karloslatynos; 04-16-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #11
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
I am looking to fit foot well light in my Mk3. I have asked the dealer for sockets (no 1, 2, 3 on attached diagram) He said he never heard if any Yaris had foot well lights equipped (!) I even told him the owners manual mentioned foot well lights as an option. After he typed my reg number and we went to the diagram (the same one like attached) he informed me parts 1, 2, 3 are not applicable for my car so he cannot order them. I had the same situation (with the same uneducated mongol) when asked for EOM Daytime Running Lights kit. I have supplied him with the part number (PZ426-B0511-00) and the answer was the same: "not applicable for your car" To me its obvious some parts may not be applicable as they were not designated to my model.

Is there any other way to get them parts?
Your dealer is being an ass, just go to a different dealer if there are any close by..

Some dealers are like that because they do not want to take the responsability if the part does not fit/work.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #12
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Your dealer is being an ass, just go to a different dealer if there are any close by..

Some dealers are like that because they do not want to take the responsability if the part does not fit/work.
To me it looks they are not trained propely and have no knowledge at all. I can't understand how on earth he had a neck to offer me a fog lamp kit (worth £150) which required a separate wiring circuit, where I found out (thanks to yarisworld.com) the european models (like mine) have been already pre-wired for fog lamp, so only thing what I needed was a pair of lamps & a stalk with front fogs?
Old 04-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #13
karloslatynos

Finally I've managed to fit them.
reference:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56223

just plug & play

As far as I know the French build Yaris is pre-wired for:
- front fogs
- cruise control
- footwell lights
- ...(what else is there to discover?)

I love toyota
Old 04-17-2016, 08:13 PM   #14
Gagi

Drives: Yaris 1.33 vvti 2015
Quote:
Finally I've managed to fit them.
reference:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56223

just plug & play

As far as I know the French build Yaris is pre-wired for:
- front fogs
- cruise control
- footwell lights
- ...(what else is there to discover?)

I love toyota
Do you have glove box light equipped? If not, your model has that connector too.
Gagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:13 AM   #15
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
Do you have glove box light equipped? If not, your model has that connector too.
I don't have the glove box light equipped. I've tried to locate it and found 2 unused connectors (ref. the picture) I am not sure if any of them are glove box light connector. If anyone know the part number of the glove box light would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1731 [24858].JPG (309.5 KB, 227 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #16
Gagi

Quote:
I don't have the glove box light equipped. I've tried to locate it and found 2 unused connectors (ref. the picture) I am not sure if any of them are glove box light connector. If anyone know the part number of the glove box light would be appreciated.
It is exactly the same part that goes for foot light. The connector is also the same. Since it's RHD I'm not sure where it should be hidden, but on LHD vehicles is taped on the cable connected to airbag-off switch. It is probably near all those cablings from your picture. Could you make another image of upper right corner of that inner part of dashboard? You will find that F103 connector (it should be black ) is glove box light (red and white wire).

InpaneL-TMMF-P3.pdf

Last edited by Gagi; 04-26-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #17
karloslatynos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
It is exactly the same part that goes for foot light. The connector is also the same. Since it's RHD I'm not sure where it should be hidden, but on LHD vehicles is taped on the cable connected to airbag-off switch. It is probably near all those cablings from your picture. Could you make another image of upper right corner of that inner part of dashboard? You will find that F103 connector (it should be black ) is glove box light (red and white wire).

Attachment 57058
I had a good look and discover mounting place for glove box light (pic. 1) I have used my footwell light for demonstration (however it didn't fit perfect so maybe the right one is slightly different. When ordered with the number parts it was only two in the bag) After a number of attempts I did not located any connector near the airbag-off connector.
The footwell light connectors were clearly visible, just hanging out. Unfortunately in my model there is nothing near the glove box light mounting
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1760 [88788].JPG (407.5 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1764 [102146].JPG (379.6 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1761 [88789].JPG (289.9 KB, 218 views)
Old 04-27-2016, 05:14 AM   #18
Gagi

Quote:
I had a good look and discover mounting place for glove box light (pic. 1) I have used my footwell light for demonstration (however it didn't fit perfect so maybe the right one is slightly different. When ordered with the number parts it was only two in the bag) After a number of attempts I did not located any connector near the airbag-off connector.
The footwell light connectors were clearly visible, just hanging out. Unfortunately in my model there is nothing near the glove box light mounting
In the file attached in my previous reply you can see F84 junction connector and its possible location. And that location should be middle of the dashboard underneath windscreen.
In this drawing attached (this reply) on page 6 you can see junction connectors F84/F85. That would be black male/female plug in your car. From connector F85 red wire on position 21B should lead you to F103 connector for glove box light. If they left connectors for foot-light, there must be connector for glove box. Don't give up. I will check again, but in parts catalogue, same part number appears for that group of lights.

Illumination.pdf