Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
Window Tint Ticket

F%^*@ NEW YORK STATE!!!! 105 bucks for window tint!! BULLSHIIT! I can't wait to get the F*!@ outta here!!!

Last edited by PK198105; 11-28-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: censor the explicitives
nickhjort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
When I was a police officer it amused me how much people complained and bitched about getting in trouble when they were breaking the law... when most of the time it was very simple laws that are very easy to follow....
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
AzNguy

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2009
woah, that's almost as much as speeding ticket. tickets are alittle too high nowadays. probably next time, you should have your windows rolled down when you go out. :)
AzNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
advocate

Drives: car
Whatever you do don't move to California. Our tint laws are just as bad and speeding tickets are $400.
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Fight it. Its more expensive then paying it, but we need someone to set the precedent.

"Our initial findings confirm that there is a correlation between more time spent driving and a higher incidence of left-sided skin cancers, especially on sun-exposed areas in men,"

"Tinting or using UV filters on auto glass may help, along with wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen and protective clothing, Fosko notes in the news release."

http://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-c...requent-cancer

So I really don't see why the state or county(its not a federal law) has the right to tell you, that you have to be subjected to getting cancer, just so a police officer can see when he pulls you over. They can do felony stops on everyone they pull over if its that big of a deal.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
When I was a police officer it amused me how much people complained and bitched about getting in trouble when they were breaking the law... when most of the time it was very simple laws that are very easy to follow....
Well said. It's not as if the law is a mystery, and it's not as if you can't find the law within 10 seconds on the Internet.

When one willingly and knowingly breaks the law, one has absolutely no right to complain when they get caught.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Tint tickets happen everywhere buddy. Getting out of NY ain't going to help you!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Tint tickets happen everywhere buddy.
except vegas, palm springs, and most desert communities...
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
Well said. It's not as if the law is a mystery, and it's not as if you can't find the law within 10 seconds on the Internet.

When one willingly and knowingly breaks the law, one has absolutely no right to complain when they get caught.
Oh I'm sure they have every right to complain. Cause its a free country or something. But it doesn't take away from the fact they look pretty dumb for doing so.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
You can have tints in NY, but only to a certain darkness. I had smoked in my last Yaris as I plan on doing with this one. No problems from the cops at all because they were smoked. Limo tint is a bit extreme and IMO doesn't look good at all. The cop has to be able to see you in the day time and especially with the cell phone/texting laws, that's why more people are getting pulled over for dark tint.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac View Post
The funny thing is that 9 out 10 cops where I live are either speeding, on their cell phone, texting or hitting on teenage girls. This is not me trying to be funny but boy have I seen and met a ton of cops who just thing that they are way above the law. And...it's not surprising to turn on the news to see cops around the state constantly fucking up. Cops are people just like everybody else and are held to the same societal standards and rules....all I ask is not to be hippocrit and boy...it sure seems like there are lot of them out there. I went to a wedding before I married my wife and there were about 7-10 cops there. Every one of them was cocked out of their mind, talking like they ruled the world and obnoxious as all get out AND...they were all driving home that night not the least bit worried about hurting an innocent person and or getting a DWI. I lost a LOT of respect for cops in general that night.
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #12
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Whoa. You have an e30. I love e30s. I've had 3. I'm getting a e30 m3 in a year.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #13
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhjort View Post
FFFCCCCCCUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKK NEW YORK STATE!!!! 105 bucks for window tint!! BULLSHIIT! I can't wait to get the FFFAAKKKK outta here!!!
i feel your pain man, but as other said get out of state won't help you as all.
The tint law is just another way to make moneys from citizen like us.
any tints that darker than 15% is acceptable for the tint law but if a cop give you a ticket for 18% or lighter than that he is a F*&^ing %$^hole. Keep the front driver and passenger light around 35% or so than you will be ok.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
Well I would understand not complaining if I had LIMO BLACK or some shiit that made it very hard to see out, but I bought the car in Florida and it came with the LEGAL LIMIT there. I'm not just being a deuchbag bitching about cops and stuff. Obviously if I was I would have opened with "FUKCING COPS or PIGS or whatever. I am complaining about the PRICE. $105 for some tint that's at the legal limit in most states. That seems a little ridiculous to me. I was expecting maybe $40 or $50 tops, but when they charge me $50 in fines and then another $55 (court charge) for some guy to open an envelope, say "OK, $50 fine for tinting", and then mail it back to me...that's what's bullshiit!! And I can agree with that skin cancer stuff. Now that I took it off, my arms are burning whenever the sun hits 'em. That's why the limits are higher in sunnier states I guess, but unless you're an idiot you realize we have the same sun in every state. I dunno It's just annoying.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
rihdrkc
Blazing Blue Yaris

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 door Liftback
When I bought my last car, it was used and had tint on the rear window and the rear door glass. I rode around with it and never had a problem. Also when I purchased it I had to take it to the police dept so they could check the vin. They never mentioned anything about it being illegal. So when it came time to be inspected, the inspection station refused to pass it for the tint and also the tinted plate covers. Best part was, as this is being explained to me, a state trooper drives in with the governor's vehicle. It was a Ford Explorer with full limo tint in the back, and lighter tint on front door glass. Talk about ironic. Cost me 150.00 to get tint removed so car would pass.

I feel your pain!

http://www.yariscentral.com/index.php

Just an old guy rockin it with you young-uns
rihdrkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #16
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Got stopped July 4th weekend headed north through Idaho for no other reason than they thought my my windows were too dark and I had no front plate. Mind you the car actually is completely legal in Utah(where its licensed) and Idaho which is 50% on the front and the back can be whatever which in my case is 35% about the same as factory SUV's/Minivans. But, I had a combination of overcast skies rolling into dusk and yeah, they looked black to someone setting on the side of the road watching cars go by. Fortunately, he had his little tint checker box with him and he said it tested legal, but I really need to get a front plate which is also required in Utah-I know, but hate the look of it. I've had tinted windows before and never a problem-yes, it seems to be getting worse about tinting pull-overs/tickets.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
markitect

Drives: Yaris
The thing I find funny is if you get busted for not buckling up your children it only cost $55. At least here in Michigan. I'm glad the legal system is all about keeping people safe.
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

In this case it's about helping keep police officers safe. It's a scary thing to walk up to someone in a stopped car. You don't know what he may pull.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote