Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #55
Zaphod

Drives: Big Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
How many times watching cop shows have you seen someone get rear ended pulled over by a cop on the side of the freeway? It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.
How many times has a policeman been hit on the freeway after pulling someone over? (I personally know one who was saved by the guard rail in an incident just like that, messed up his back to this day)

I don't think you'd see too many officers argue against people getting out of their car and putting their hands on the vehicle :)

Idiots are idiots, it's actually quite a challenge to encourage someone to pull over in a safer area, which is exactly what you're supposed to do in the first place.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #56
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
I don't get it. Tint means you'll probably get a ticket. Just don't get tint. Then you don't have anything to qq about.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #57
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
I love it when people quote documents written over 200 years ago as the reason why things are the way they are... As if our "Founding Fathers" had window tinting tickets and buying guns at Walmart in mind when they wrote all that stuff!
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:21 AM   #58
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
I don't get it. Tint means you'll probably get a ticket. Just don't get tint. Then you don't have anything to qq about.
You are absolutely correct. Our legal system is 100% perfect, and nobody should ever question it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
I love it when people quote documents written over 200 years ago as the reason why things are the way they are... As if our "Founding Fathers" had window tinting tickets and buying guns at Walmart in mind when they wrote all that stuff!
Uh.....

You DO realize, the supreme court uses the constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, as the basis for all its rulings on laws correct?
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:27 AM   #59
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Uh.....

You DO realize, the supreme court uses the constitution, which was written over 200 years ago, as the basis for all its rulings on laws correct?
You DO realize I'm not talking about the Supreme Court but the average Joe on the street and even then the Justices of the Supreme Court are smart enough to not try to enforce blind compliance of archaic texts but the principles of the guidance within.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #60
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
You DO realize I'm not talking about the Supreme Court but the average Joe on the street and even then the Justices of the Supreme Court are smart enough to not try to enforce blind compliance of archaic texts but the principles of the guidance within.
and who exactly is "enforcing blind compliance of archaic texts??"
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #61
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

That's my point... very few, if any, are. Pay attention.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #62
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
Every precinct gives a different story as every cop. I don't think the 24hr local precinct thing applies anymore. They pretty much look to see if they can see you really. I just add on another 75% onto the factory for tint. PLUS, if that were the case, then the dealerships should know and not offer it to customers so there's gotta be something up with that as well. I got my first Yaris tinted at the dealer (never again because they messed up twice) and gave me a weird look when I asked them for the lightest tint they had. What, because I'm in my 20's means I automatically want my windows dark lol?
you're right every one will give you a different story, that's why i said to take the front tint off and find the dumbest cop to sign off on it, that's what i did, but the original rules come from the state not the precincts. and about the dealerships, they can offer you anything they want... it's up to you to make the decision of whether to buy it or not. it's in no way illegal to sell window tint... it's illegal to have it on your car. just like it's not illegal to sell someone a gun but it's definitely illegal to shoot someone (unless you're dick cheney)

when i got my windows tinted i had to sign a waiver stating that i knew it was illegal and that the shop that put it on is in no way at fault or liable for any tickets. when they do this, like most dealerships will, it put the legalities entirely upon you. and if they don't... they aren't the smartest place.

personally i feel the window tint thing is a way for the state to get money, but if we're (and i include myself in this) dumb enough to break their rules we should take one on the chin. i won't put tint on my car as long as i live in NY for the sheer fact that it is one less reason to have to deal with the cops
Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #63
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Pitch black is the only way to go. 5% FTW.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #64
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Pitch black is the only way to go. 5% FTW.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #65
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
What? Too light?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #66
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
What? Too light?
Not at all, that's what I got

But only on the back, so I'm purrfectly legal

I'll get 55% in the front in the spring probably.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #67
ddongbap
Banned

Quote:
You are absolutely correct. Our legal system is 100% perfect, and nobody should ever question it.

Uh.....

Ok, lets start twisting words.

If you're so against it, go protest. Or go move to Puerto Rico, where apparently you can have black windshields and not have an issue.

IDK why you're assuming that I think the US Gov is perfect. Do you always assume like that? I'm not sure whats worse. A guy who assumes, or a guy who would rather bend over and complain about bending over?

Still, with the qq.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #68
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
it's like a war in here after a few post that blame on the government for the window tinting law .
I do have a window tinting shop at GA. And a reason of 95% Customer that wanted a dark tint on their car is about PRIVACY. Not a GANGSTA looking or trying to kill peoples or "drug trafficking " and about 90% got baby seat(s) on their back seat. Or what kind of tints will look good, or match the color, block more heat, feel cooler, stop the sun, save the dash.....A lot of peoples out there who worry and take a very good care of their cars inside out, that is why they need window tinting.
I do understand that the cop worry about their SAFETY = TRUE. That is why i always explained to my customers very carefully about the law.
Ok there is alot of young kids who wanted to look cools.....so they can put whatever tints they like on their car as long they are responsible for it.
To me they should low down the tint law to at least 20% it's look almost like 32% which is the legal tint law here in GA.
Alot of peoples got a tint ticket for like 20-28% which is ridiculous for those who wrote that tickets.
If you can see the driver let's them go, some cops just have to pull out their tint meter and trying to make moneys out of it.

my 2 cents.

Last edited by jamal1984; 12-01-2009 at 08:05 AM.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM   #69
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
It should be standard procedure to pull off the freeway at the next exit, get out, put your hands on the car, and wait for the cop.
That would work in areas where there are exits close enough together to make this worth while. However, in other areas of the country where you can easily go like 20-30 miles between exits, not such a good idea.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #70
ddongbap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
it's like a war in here after a few post that blame on the government for the window tinting law .
I do have a window tinting shop at GA. And a reason of 95% Customer that wanted a dark tint on their car is about PRIVACY. Not a GANGSTA looking or trying to kill peoples or "drug trafficking " and about 90% got baby seat(s) on their back seat. Or what kind of tints will look good, or match the color, block more heat, feel cooler, stop the sun, save the dash.....A lot of peoples out there who worry and take a very good care of their cars inside out, that is why they need window tinting.
I do understand that the cop worry about their SAFETY = TRUE. That is why i always explained to my customers very carefully about the law.
Ok there is alot of young kids who wanted to look cools.....so they can put whatever tints they like on their car as long they are responsible for it.
To me they should low down the tint law to at least 20% it's look almost like 32% which is the legal tint law here in GA.
Alot of peoples got a tint ticket for like 20-28% which is ridiculous for those who wrote that tickets.
If you can see the driver let's them go, some cops just have to pull out their tint meter and trying to make moneys out of it.

my 2 cents.
Totally seeing your point.

But it sucks to be a cop, not knowing whats going on inside the car. Cops die. They need to not. So they need to be safe.

At the same time, Police can give you tickets for a FMIC, even tho they come stock with Evos. Its not the Cop's job to know whats what from the factory. Thats what a REF is for.

Maybe Police should just require people to turn on their dome lights.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #71
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
It's a shame that tint shops don't have the integity to apply only legal tint rather than take whatever money walks through the door.
That said it's the officers call here in Ontario (Canada). No specific specification is written into the law, it's just the officers discretion.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #72
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post

my 2 cents.
Why do people feel they need so much "privacy" when driving on public roads? It's like wakling down the street and not wanting people to see you.

IMO, the majority of tint law are reasonable and allow for a dark enough tint, unless you are afraid of what someone might see inside your car for whatever reason.

Save the dark tints show cars but, keep the tints light enough when on public roads so I can see WTF you are doing in there!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote