Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #73
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Why do people feel they need so much "privacy" when driving on public roads? It's like wakling down the street and not wanting people to see you.

IMO, the majority of tint law are reasonable and allow for a dark enough tint, unless you are afraid of what someone might see inside your car for whatever reason.

Save the dark tints show cars but, keep the tints light enough when on public roads so I can see WTF you are doing in there!
I already said valuables in the car while your parked for one. And honestly, with psychotic episodes of road rage these days, I like just being able to ignore everyone on the road. There have been random freeway shootings on the freeways here in california, and I feel slightly better with darker tint, making a clear shot just a little harder. Also I've heard women feel safer in bad neighborhoods, because random people can't see that there's just one 100 lb girl in the car. Are we good on privacy yet?

I think the real question is... why do you want to see in my car so bad??
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #74
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
I already said valuables in the car while your parked for one. And honestly, with psychotic episodes of road rage these days, I like just being able to ignore everyone on the road. There have been random freeway shootings on the freeways here in california, and I feel slightly better with darker tint, making a clear shot just a little harder. Also I've heard women feel safer in bad neighborhoods, because random people can't see that there's just one 100 lb girl in the car. Are we good on privacy yet?

+1
But if redride is a girl i don't mind at all :)

Last edited by jamal1984; 12-02-2009 at 04:13 PM.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #75
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
It's a shame that tint shops don't have the integity to apply only legal tint rather than take whatever money walks through the door.
That said it's the officers call here in Ontario (Canada). No specific specification is written into the law, it's just the officers discretion.
Businesses need money otherwise they will no longer be businesses. If a customer wants a dark tint and they are informed of the consequences (as I have been everytime even when I go to my neighbor's shop) then it's on them. Tint legality is hardly the cause to argue over though....
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #76
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
IMO, the majority of tint law are reasonable and allow for a dark enough tint, unless you are afraid of what someone might see inside your car for whatever reason.

I disagree.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #77
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Businesses need money otherwise they will no longer be businesses. If a customer wants a dark tint and they are informed of the consequences (as I have been everytime even when I go to my neighbor's shop) then it's on them. Tint legality is hardly the cause to argue over though....
+1

What's next, rules and laws to protect us from ourselves? I can't sell you a knife because you may cut yourself with it...
Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #78
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Here if you get a tint ticket all you have to do is pay it. You don't have to remove the tint. Have gotten 2 in a bizillion years... the first the cop wrote the wrong violation code, so it went away, the second cost $80. Both times, the cop only made the stop for tint, nothing else.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #79
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Why do people feel they need so much "privacy" when driving on public roads? It's like wakling down the street and not wanting people to see you.

Save the dark tints show cars but, keep the tints light enough when on public roads so I can see WTF you are doing in there!
Have you ever looked around while driving? I see people pick their noses all the time. I'd assume people see me when I do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Here if you get a tint ticket all you have to do is pay it. You don't have to remove the tint. Have gotten 2 in a bizillion years... the first the cop wrote the wrong violation code, so it went away, the second cost $80. Both times, the cop only made the stop for tint, nothing else.
You obviously haven't gotten a ticket in California.

You know what that reminds me of? The cellphone laws here in Cali. Its 20 bucks for first violation, then 50 bucks each violation on top of that. An accumulating total. So its 20, then 20+50, then 20+50+50. But heres the catch. The 20 dollar violation fee from the DMV, jumps to 130 after court fees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
+1

What's next, rules and laws to protect us from ourselves? I can't sell you a knife because you may cut yourself with it...
Damn the emissions laws. I want to cut my cat out from a muffler shop without THE MAN over my shoulder! Damn him!
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #80
fmicle

Deleted my original comment... by me

Last edited by fmicle; 12-03-2009 at 02:58 PM.
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #81
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
keep the tints light enough when on public roads so I can see WTF you are doing in there!
During holiday season, Christmas trees come in from semi trucks to The Home Depot. And our store being too cheap to have chaps to cover the employees jeans and jackets...i usually, when driving back home, take my pants off, because I dont want to get my seats all dirty and smelling like Christmas trees..

I'm sure you'd want to see past my 20% front window tints to see a brown dude driving in his boxers on the public road?

FYI, I have already dealt w/ 2 fix-it tickets in California for my tints.....F-the stupid tint law....it makes no sense for law abiding citizens and trying to be safe from maniacs shooting on freeways~~~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #82
ddongbap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmicle View Post
This matter has already been hotly debated here
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7202
You totally missed the large amounts of sarcasm in that.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #83
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:

I can't begin to tell you how many times I saw a very inattentive driver a on cell phone, putting on make up, eating etc in proximity to my vehicle.
I steer clear or these a-holes.
It's a matter of public record that they are a major cause of accidents.
When someone is on a public road their privacy is limted due to the very nature of it being public.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #84
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
I can't begin to tell you how many times I saw a very inattentive driver rubbernecking at others on a cell phone, putting on make up, eating etc in proximity to my vehicle.
I guess my point is you should be watching the road, not inside my car...

I guarantee the person paying attention to driving rather than other drivers and trying to classify each one as safe or dangerous is the safer driver.

Quit lying anyway, you know your just mad because the tint on the escalade in front of you on the way home last night was just a little to dark, preventing you from watching finding nemo with their kids on the flip down screen.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #85
fmicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
You totally missed the large amounts of sarcasm in that.
Ooops, I deleted my comment
Old 12-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #86
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
tint tickets, just pay up and move on, dont want to pay, remove. it as simple as that. ME? I give a shit if I have to pay I will not remove any of my films front, sides or back
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #87
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
tint tickets, just pay up and move on, dont want to pay, remove. it as simple as that. ME? I give a shit if I have to pay I will not remove any of my films front, sides or back
my man
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #88
ddongbap
Banned

Why can't people just be like that?

Tint? Expect a ticket.

Got a ticket? Pay it.

Remove the tint, or keep it.

Keep it? Be prepared for another ticket.

Pissed? Write to your US government.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #89
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
I guess my point is you should be watching the road, not inside my car...

I guarantee the person paying attention to driving rather than other drivers and trying to classify each one as safe or dangerous is the safer driver.

Quit lying anyway, you know your just mad because the tint on the escalade in front of you on the way home last night was just a little to dark, preventing you from watching finding nemo with their kids on the flip down screen.
I would say to you that a good driver must pay attention to other cars and their drivers That is part of the "road" that you speak of.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #90
toyo

Drives: toyota
in my country we can tint the hell out of a car

I guess that doesn't not benefit one when thieves tint their cars and come at you and you don't have a clue they have guns pointing at you.