Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #19
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Payment will not be required until systems are ready to ship. I will never take deposits-I am putting my trust in the community that they will honor their commitments omve the products are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
When would payment be expected if I were to sign up on this list?
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Put me down on that list.

no turbo kits seem to be coming out anytime soon. the 2500$ turbo kit guy isn't updating enough for my liking. i'll wait for others to try his kit and get dyno #s before i purchase it. i trust your quality/products more so than his, so i'm not afraid to be part of the first to buy your products.

seems i'll have enough fun with your manifold and header for awhile.

*however shipping to hawaii might change my mind when i find out how much it is.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #21
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
I'll take one if it's in stainless.
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
arunto

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
$550 shipped??
arunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #23
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
hah you wish. heck I WISH actually. but yah, you better put next to my name on that list that it all depends on how much shipping will be for hawaii.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 02:38 AM   #24
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Richard, PM sent.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:51 AM   #25
richardholdener

Got it and answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous user View Post
Richard, PM sent.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #26
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
I'm in this one like Flynn, as long as it can wait until January like several other people have marked beside their names.

Also, if I'm understanding this correctly the header will come with a custom mid-pipe, but that leaves the question of where does the mid-pipe end? And in my case I'd be planning to get a custom SuperTrapp muffler center-mounted with a down-turn tip so it's semi-stealthed, would I be better off without the mid-pipe and just getting the exhaust custom crafted behind the header?

Or would a tuneable SuperTrapp be unlikely to realize any benefits in combination with this exhaust header? Was thinking being able to run a louder but much less restrictive exhaust at the track, but a vastly more quiet and restrictive setting for daily driving.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #27
richardholdener

The mid pipe for the long tube will attach to the factory (or after market) axle back section. Anything custom will have to be done by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWings View Post
I'm in this one like Flynn, as long as it can wait until January like several other people have marked beside their names.

Also, if I'm understanding this correctly the header will come with a custom mid-pipe, but that leaves the question of where does the mid-pipe end? And in my case I'd be planning to get a custom SuperTrapp muffler center-mounted with a down-turn tip so it's semi-stealthed, would I be better off without the mid-pipe and just getting the exhaust custom crafted behind the header?

Or would a tuneable SuperTrapp be unlikely to realize any benefits in combination with this exhaust header? Was thinking being able to run a louder but much less restrictive exhaust at the track, but a vastly more quiet and restrictive setting for daily driving.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #28
WolfWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
The mid pipe for the long tube will attach to the factory (or after market) axle back section. Anything custom will have to be done by you.
That's fine, wanted to ask just because I'm paranoid.

Would there be any benefit in going with a SuperTrapp-style muffler (uses a series of stacked plates at the end to allow very fine-grained tuning of the restrictiveness of the exhaust, takes about 10 minutes to change the number of plates from about 4-20 as a limit) paired with the long tube? Or would that extra $200-300 be better spent on other components elsewhere?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #29
richardholdener

I've run the Super Trapp muffs on another application and liked them. They were adjustable for street/race use bu they would have to be custom fit to mid pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWings View Post
That's fine, wanted to ask just because I'm paranoid.

Would there be any benefit in going with a SuperTrapp-style muffler (uses a series of stacked plates at the end to allow very fine-grained tuning of the restrictiveness of the exhaust, takes about 10 minutes to change the number of plates from about 4-20 as a limit) paired with the long tube? Or would that extra $200-300 be better spent on other components elsewhere?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #30
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Is that including shipping? If not if I can get it shipped to Phoenix Arizona for under 600 then add me to the list. Turbo kits look like waaaay too much of a hassle for a DD. Evantually I can add the blitz S/C and really have some fun
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:10 AM   #31
WolfWings

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
I've run the Super Trapp muffs on another application and liked them. They were adjustable for street/race use bu they would have to be custom fit to mid pipe.
Custom work's fine, there's plenty of places out here that I trust to do exhaust fabbing if nothing else.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:17 AM   #32
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
i think in backing out of this. going to be spending mroe money than desired on other crap that i need to take care of, also the car being so new idk if i want to lose my cats just yet ;)
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:36 AM   #33
WolfWings

So do what I'm doing - don't throw out the old parts, just neatly wrap them in plastic, and stack them in the garage.

I currently have these original parts stacked in a garage:
  • 15" Tires
  • Radio antenna mount w/ antenna
  • Antenna wire
  • Shifter boot
  • E-brake boot

About the only pieces I didn't keep when I ripped them out were the blocks of rigid foam in the door panel when I was installing the sound deadener panels from Raam Audio.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #34
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
do what I'm doing - don't throw out the old parts, just neatly wrap them in plastic, and stack them in the garage.
yeah, you should see my warehouse-- it's not pretty.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #35
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
^^^^ Mine (shop) isn't either.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #36
thepoche

Drives: Toyota Yaris CE
Alright, I give up... Add me to the list please
thepoche is offline   Reply With Quote