Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
birdy
I stay G'd Up

Drives: 02 wrx wagon
Send a message via AIM to birdy
dang....

Turns out a local dealership got a black 5 speed and they sold it in 2 hours. Another one has a white one but I don't want white. But while looking I noticed a crap load of black sedan 5speeds. If they don't get me my car by june 15th its gonna be hello sedan. And with the new pictures of one modified I think either will be nice to have. Plus I will have a tach
birdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #2
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
birdy, YOu might try putting down 500 dollars. And then being ahead in line on just what you want. Then check once a week if the car you want will be allocated in your area.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Yeah Birdy, why not secure a 5-speed hatch with a deposit?

That's probably the only way to ensure you get the vehicle you want!
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 AM   #4
birdy
I stay G'd Up

I am on a list at a dealership and put money down and they are still saying I have to wait till they get one.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #5
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Demand exceeding supply I assume?

Hopefully you're not too far down on the list..

Good luck!
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 AM   #6
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
How I finally got my yaris was my allocation guy checked his computer every week to see what yaris's were being shipped that week from japan. And finally one was close to what I wanted. But he then had to swap another car to the dealership to get the one I wanted. LUckily the other dealership did the swap. My allocation guy said sometimes they won't swap.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
How I finally got my yaris was my allocation guy checked his computer every week to see what yaris's were being shipped that week from japan. And finally one was close to what I wanted. But he then had to swap another car to the dealership to get the one I wanted. LUckily the other dealership did the swap. My allocation guy said sometimes they won't swap.
Luckily, the same thing happened to me. For a "hot" car like the Yaris many dealership will not swap as they want to "show" the car as much as possible on their lot.

However, I have still not seen a liftback or sedan on the road yet!!

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
Uglyboyed

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan S Flint Mica
Send a message via AIM to Uglyboyed Send a message via Yahoo to Uglyboyed
heres my story.
I went to a dealership that didnt have the car i wanted but they had a dealership with a swap. within 2 days i ask the dealership for the consumer report of the car there trying to get. Funny thing was that it was the same dealership that gave me a quote that same day. so i went to the dealership that had the car and bought it from them. A week later the old dealership called me and told me that the car i wanted was sold to some guy.. I was the guy that bought it.

Moral of the story: I have no patience!!!
OOh yeah they gave me my refund of my deposit to..
Uglyboyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
lol your just some guy. Anyway I have seen the hatch on the road but no sedans as of yet. But doesn't that always seem to be the case before you get a car then when you do get it, it just so happens to pop up everywhere you go.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I ordered mine a day after it became available in the USA, and waited a month before the region secured one for me.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Also wonder if the dealer doesn't work as hard on cars like the Yaris as the profit margin is low. If you were trying to get a Lexus, I wonder how much harder they would work for the customer???

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:43 PM   #12
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
im still waiting for my sales guy to call me on mine, if it's not in this week i bet it will next week. I went to Sherbrooke, Quebec yesterday and i saw sooooooooo many yaris/echo there, it was like every other car i saw was one, no joke. it was sweet to see so many.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #13
tds12
This is my other ride.

Drives: Wht, M, Power 2007 yaris HB
Waiting

I ordered April 1st and the dealer still has not heard anything from the factory. He even offered to refund the deposit but I may as well continue to wait. There are very few lb with manual transmissions. Guess they make more $ on auto's.
tds12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Also wonder if the dealer doesn't work as hard on cars like the Yaris as the profit margin is low. If you were trying to get a Lexus, I wonder how much harder they would work for the customer???

Kevin
I don't think the salepeople really care. Not only do they get a percentage of each car they sell, they also get bonuses related to the number of cars they sell. The bonuses can add up to be more than the percentage they get from selling the cars.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #15
birdy
I stay G'd Up

The dealer made me want a sedan more today, They are gonna give me 700 more for my car to cover some of the price difference between the sedan and liftback So its prolly gonna happen.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #16
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
The dealer made me want a sedan more today, They are gonna give me 700 more for my car to cover some of the price difference between the sedan and liftback So its prolly gonna happen.
Cool. Hope you figure out something that makes you happy soon.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #17
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Went to Don Jacobs Toyota in Milwaukee today to look at a Yaris. Their Web site showed they had a bunch; two 5-speed liftbacks and a bunch of sedans. I should know better than to trust a dealer Web site. Of course they didn't have a single Yaris on the lot. The sales guy told me the ones they have on their Web site are ones that are coming in and the dealer has allocated, but they sell before they sit on the lot. I did sit in a new xA, which was nice, too.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #18
bikergal

Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
Don't let them push you into something you don't want. Sounds like the dealer is getting you to do what they want you to do. They are probably giving you the line "we can get you the sedan you want easier,faster" blah blah.... Stick it out and order the one you want. You will not be totally happy otherwise
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote