Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #19
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
I got one of those when the car was less than a week old, insurance covered full cost of repair.
Ahole in camper decided to change lanes as i was passing him.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
That sucks!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #21
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Never fails . At least your nerves where the only thing frayed . The Pacific Blue is a great color for the sedan .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
shepd

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 door RS
Don't worry, those campers are totalled for the slightest in damage.

As for your cars, be certain to ask the insurance company about being reimbursed for the depreciated value of a crashed car. Depending on where you are, the insurance company is supposed to take into consideration that you won't be able to sell the car for full used value with a reported accident on it and they will reimburse you for the difference in value.
shepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #23
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quick update: Ins Co just told me they are repairing my car and will be done by mid to end of next week. Hold-up has been waiting for parts.

Anything I should be looking for to make sure they do a good job?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #24
coolcolger

Drives: Streak Blue 2015 Yaris SE
Not to disappoint you or anything along those lines but my family had a 2009 Yaris sedan that my mother was driving at the time but she was t-boned by a suburban that blew a red light... the car had only about 11,000 miles on it. The impact was to almost exactly the same spot to that of the original poster's car. The impact was quite hard, so much so that the car spun over 180*. Obviously an ambulance was called and she checked out fine and only had a sore neck for a couple weeks due to the airbags being deployed. All said and done the car was only a couple hundred bucks away from being totaled so the work was done to the car. From that point forward whenever cresting a hill or in a situation where there was "up-force" if you will on the car the rear end wanted to push out toward the left. Needless to say the car never rode quite right again from that point forward so we ended up selling the car about a year later... I hope everything pans out for you.
coolcolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #25
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
^ a t-bone would have beyond a doubt caused frame damage. No way in hell it would have ever been the same again. OP is only having to deal with body panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2014, 03:52 AM   #26
bigjmeister

Drives: 2009 Yaris TS
I had a Opel Corsa B (Vauxhall Corsa B in the UK, doubt it came to the US) that had similar damage. My insurance also repaired it. The company didn't do a good job. I could see the panel was misaligned and I knew that a pirate part was used as it had a slightly different shape. After a few months, the weld on the C pillar started bubbling with rust. The insurance company who wanted me to take it back to the same shop but I refused and they eventually allowed me to take it to another shop who redid the job (cut out the entire panel and replaced it) and this time it was much better and they even matched the paint colour better this time around.

This is what you need to look for:
1) Make sure that the insurance company is sending it to a reputable panel shop. Check the consumer watch boards online and ask around. Also you will get a general feeling about the quality of the shop by visiting them and seeing the cleanliness of the shop and also that the clientele that they have. Generally, cleaner is better, late model cars being repaired is a good sign and shops that have a good quality courtesy car (not a repaired write-off) are all goods signs. Shops approved by manufacturers (not necessarily Toyota) is also a good sign.
2) Ensure that the quarter panel being used is genuine Toyota. A pirate might fit, but it will be obvious that a fake part was used after paint. The first one I had was perfectly blended in at the corners but the centre bulged out more and it just didn't look right... thats what happens when they fit fake parts. The shop can skimp on other parts, but ensure that the quarter panel skin is original. I can't stress this enough. You won't be able to inspect the welding that they do so at least ensure that it is original.
3) Check that the paint is matched correctly.
4) When the car is ready for collection, get the wheel alignment done immediately. If the car did require chassis straightening and it wasn't jigged, the technicians doing the alignment will immediately pick this up.
bigjmeister is offline   Reply With Quote