Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
SynergyOverdrive
Prius Performance Guys

Drives: 2010 & 2008 Toyota Prius
Will be attempting to get the Fujita F5 CAI working tomorrow

Howdy!

I'll be loading my new-used Fujita F5 CAI in the car in the morning on my way to work and attempt to get it to work at work since I will have access to Techstream (I'm a Toyota service tech). I'll have to modify the tubing some in order to fit in the engine bay. Oh, did I mention i'll be installing this on my 05 Prius (1NZ-FXE)?

Pics and more details to come tomorrow.

<2005 Salsa Red Prius: Eibach lowering springs, 24MM front sway bar, 20MM rear sway bar, Megan Racing front strut tower brace, soon to be installed rear strut tower brace, flat black wheels sporting Michelin Hydroedges, yellow fogs (factory HID's), 20% window tint.>
SynergyOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
you ever wanna unload the techstream software, let me know. lol
Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
You might have become one of the most valuable members on here!!!! You need to get in touch with user CTScott!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
SynergyOverdrive
Prius Performance Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
You might have become one of the most valuable members on here!!!! You need to get in touch with user CTScott!!!!
Sorry to ask but why would I be contacting him? Feel me in!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
He's our resident computer/electrical mind. He's been trying to work out how the Toyota software works forever now! He's got some basics but he's missing a lot of the picture, the point of it was so ew can reprogram the ECU and etc.
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Since the Yaris has it's silly "self learning" ECU it is really hard to get a piggy back controller to work right. If we could do a custom reflash on our ECU we could be getting more HP out of the mods we have sone to our cars kind of like what you are trying to do. But in order to do this he would need a techstream tool for a little bit to read and copy the Yaris ECU so he could start writing fuel maps and other things. I will just link him this thread and I bet he willl get a hold of you.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
So.....I'm waiting for updates from this guy on the intake on the Prius and possible techstream info :)

It'd be nice to see some serious gains out of it since I'm running this intake as well
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
SynergyOverdrive
Prius Performance Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
So.....I'm waiting for updates from this guy on the intake on the Prius and possible techstream info :)

It'd be nice to see some serious gains out of it since I'm running this intake as well

*UPDATE*

Well, we tried it and.......it doesn't work. Too much airflow for the Prius ECM to remain happy. I believe that with an s-afc it would possibly work.

A handy google search will reveal several sites to download the Techstream software. Or if you pay to use the TIS site you could download it there as well.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

are you under the assumption that this TECHSTREAM will be able to RE-PROGRAM our computers???

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote