Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #19
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Our cars came from northern Japan.
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #20
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
Kioshi do you have family anywhere near there?
I have two host families there who pretty much treat me as their own child...thus my 2nd family.
Most of my family and friends are in Yokohama/Tokyo area...and in one in central Japan.....(where the second quake 6.6 hit)

Since friday at 3am, i have been facebooking with a few of them and have got responses...others i had to wait till their docomo/softbank cell phone services were working...
Most of my friends in Tokyo had to spend the night at a hostel or at work~

The second quake in central Japan hit hours after...Saturday morning there...
I got in touch with my friend/2nd family. They are fine, their city shook a bit..but all are safe~

Tremors/after shocks are still felt till late at night earlier in Japan...according to my contacts in Kantou region~ Tokyo/Yokohama...

There is a member on here from Sendai....he exported a Yaris from Hawaii or California i believe...to Japan.

Please PM him...his username is Ryohei Omura...with a 3-door white Yaris/Vitz.
He hasnt logged on since March 9th....so its a little concerning for a fellow Yaris member.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Don't worry just yet, Kioshi. You know the forum is probably the last thing on his mind right now even if he's OK and cell towers are probably out.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #22
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
PK you're a little young to remember Cheronbyl.
Were your relatives in relative proximity of the disaster area?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Will US Yaris owners suffer parts shortages or huge price markups?
Will the Yaris become an "orphan"?

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #24
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
With the high prices of gas here and less YARIS being produced could lead to less discounts or next to none . This was the case when we bought the '08 sedan in MAY 2008 and they were short of demand from KATRINA and RITA . This could help bring up the book values for YARIS owners . We looked today at K.B.B. , N.A.D.A. , and Edmunds for the 2010 3 door w/ auto , and power package with 16,500 miles . The . K.B.B. ( good ) is $10,250 , Edmunds ( clean ) $10,159 , and NADA ( average ) $10,175 . Added all 3 book values and divided by 3 which comes to a $10,195 average for all 3 . Looked about a month ago and the book values were lower , if I remember right it was close to $9,700 at K.B.B. in the 1st week of February , so they seem to have risen with the spike in gas . I believe the new plant for the YARIS was to produce the new " C " hybrid . That'll likley be put off for awhile . We wish all those impacted by this event our sympathy and best wishes .

Last edited by Hershey; 03-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #25
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
well I wish you and your 2nd family all the best and hope everything is good. Having lived through a nuclear disaster (Chernobyl) I know how stressed these people might be. Hopefully they will get the nuclear reactors under control

On a lighter note, I think this Vitz survived unscathed:
Thanks Pavel, and the nuclear reactor crisis seems harder to follow because news media injapan says differentt than what american media is saying....confusing~

its as if the vitz was hiding underneath a rock and decided to just peek out.

@tomato - thanks...but the natural instincs of a human being just start to go into frustration...
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I seen my post got deleted idk because I was just stating the truth. Would you rather your car was safe or your loved ones? It's a no brainer
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #27
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Another pic. Notice the oddity of a Yaris's rammed up each post the same way going off into the distance.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #28
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Japanese repair quake-ravaged road in just six days

Quote:
Due to the extensive damage in Japan caused by the massive earthquake and resultant tsunami on March 11, many have questioned if the island nation can recover in a year, much less a few months. If the swiftness with which the Japanese can repair roads is any indication, we wouldn't bet against the country cleaning up this catastrophe in short order.

As a result of the quake, a 150-meter section of the Great Kanto Highway in Naka was absolutely obliterated, with massive chasms running right through the middle of the road. Work crews at the NEXCO road repair company sprang into action on March 17, working at a fevered pitch to help get their country on the road to recovery, literally. Amazingly, after only six days of labor, the road is silky smooth and ready for travel. Look at the the before and after photos above to see just how amazing this feat is.

Given the fact that road crews in the U.S. can spend three or more months repairing a single lane of concrete, only to leave the orange barrels on the road for another two weeks, we're blown away by this feat of engineering. Simply amazing.

Amazing what can be done without all the government bureaucracy and unions in the way.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #29
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Amazing what can be done without all the government bureaucracy and unions in the way.
AMEN BROTHER!

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote