Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB '07
Building SilverSquash

Okay, got the car, got the ideas and time to mod

Car came back from the valet today and is looking sweet, will take pics later but here are some for the time being

MOD 1- spoiler

few more pix at the beach

MOD 2 - colour coding door handles and wing mirrors

MOD 3 - blind spot mirrors

Had some trouble with the blind spot as the right wing mirror was replaced with one without a blind spot and until that arrives, these blind spots will be used.

MOD 4- fogs

Well if you pay close attention you can see water in the fogs, going to see my mech later today to sort it out among other things.note these are Dlala or something like that fogs, not Toyota so as always there must be something faulty and the switch is going to be replaced as the fogs are not working at the moment.

Also added some non slip matting but will take pics when I get back.
That's all for now ...
SilverSquash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

MOD 4 - windshields

Last edited by SilverSquash!; 01-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Jabro

Drives: 2008 2dr Yaris Liftback
Looking great. You are really getting this stuff done fast. Next step in my opinion is to get rid of those hubcaps, get some rims or trim rings if you can't afford rims. Spoilers and hubcaps just don't go together haha. Otherwise, enjoying watching your progress.
Jabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Well took a step back today.. Found the fogs filled with water so took them out and put the blank pieces in. Will return the fogs to the shop on Saturday...

@jabro. Thanks bud! I did start the modding from 9 jan, only got round to taking photos now that I'm back. I agree with you about the rims, I personally don't like the current hubcaps, rims are only coming next year and I'm still looking for baby moons here, I want to paint the steelies satin black, put the baby moons and the trim rings and drop it sweet and looow...but can't find trim rings and can't find baby moons

Next mod...stickers?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

MOD - anti-slip matting
Installed this in both of the top glove compartments and in the trays by the spare wheel.

I did the other side tray as well but light was really crap as the car was in the garage when i took the pic.

-I've been waiting ages to put this sticker on lol

-eyelids
i wanted to buy eyelids but shipping them to SA was costing a little too much and i couldn't wait for my uncle to bring them down so i thought let me play around with some silver carbon fibre vinyl. When i went to sort out the fogs the guy at the shop gave me some to play with as he couldn't make up a set of fibreglass eyelids. So anyways came home and used pics of the v3 eyelids to make a template and voila

i was scared because the vinyl was a little light but it's not bad. Only problem is that being a silver car with silver and chrome headlights, it's not really noticeable lol. I think it will change after I laminex the headlights but that's for a later stage.

-fogs
the guy at the shop was helpful and got a new set so will have to change them tomorrow and i think im going to do this myself. The wiring loom from the old set wasnt working so im going to strip and install the new loom hopefully tomorrow.

Oh and here's some pics after it came back from the valet:

Look no swirly's

And after all this i forgot to take pics of the engine, it looked like it came straight from the factory everything was clean!

Also I still cannot find anyone who sells garage door edging but the shop did have a universal lip, it had a pic of the scooby on it. I saw someone use it but i wanted to come home and read up on it before I bought it. It's really heavy and is definitely needs screws...come to think of it i should have bought it because my nice clean newly painted bumper got scraped already at the bottom When i go back to return the old fog light loom im buying it

Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Turns out there was nothing wrong with the loom, just replaced the fogs and bent back a small pin which wasn't making contact and now everything is sorted, just a little focusing is needed now and some laminex

That's all for now, just going to deaden the door when the pack arrives. other than that, no more mods until i come back from Thailand... need to save up for the trip
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Well Tinted the windows last week saturday however we had issues and this past saturday the tint was redone, laminex in factory smoke was added as well as silver carbon fibre eyelids..
Old 02-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #8
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Also picked up a pack of stinger roadkill extreme door..going to be installed this weekend hopefully if i dont get too much work from campus
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Getting the tint redone this past saturday. All round 35% grey smash and grab 100 micron. Now Squashy is busy getting lamin-x'd

B-E-A-Utiful

Some pix with the cf vinyl eyelids back on

Lil heavy package arrived on Monday:D

Hopefully to get installed this weekend:)
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Looking good so far!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
hadn't thought of adding tint to the headlights looks nice..What are the roads like in S Africa?

Proverbs 16:9
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #12
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Thanks guys...Roads are great here, though you get the usual potholes but there are some really nice driving road though the one's without speed traps require a drive, here the cops just pounce like hell for speed traps. but now and again we still put foot down and not worry when the roads are dead.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Roadkill Installed over two weekends, one friday per door. Doors are pretty solid just need come mdf to seal up, baffles and a good set of splits

Left:

Left door needs more deadening, i have one more sheet of roadkill left, will put that in when i change the speaker.

Right:

...random

Spotted he new A-class on the way from campus