Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Look in your manuel...there is a toll free number for such BS instances.Forget what the service is called,but it's kinda like a "Big brother" hot line in order to keep dealers "in-check"!!!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #20
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Look in your manuel...there is a toll free number for such BS instances.Forget what the service is called,but it's kinda like a "Big brother" hot line in order to keep dealers "in-check"!!!.
+1, I have never had that happen to my Yaris after 3 1/2 years. I just have the normal chips from rocks and such in the front bumper area, and the morons who can't pull out of a parking spot. Though rubbing compound worked wonders for that. I would definatly go back to the dealer, thats just
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #21
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
Must be the RED paint...

I've got a RED 08. Got it used. Great car overall, but several paint issues.

Looks mostly due to the previous owner though, so no dealer will cover it.

Since I've owned it, it's gotten a VERY weird set of tiny scratches in the driver's door. Multiple small scratches in different directions within a small area. Oddest "scratch" I've ever seen on a car.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #22
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Redhatch.....just a guess on my part.Anyone in your family...mainly kids have clothing with metal snaps,buttons etc on them....guess how I know!
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #23
RedHatch08
Canadetroiter

Drives: 2008 3DR 5M
^
Nope it's not that. No kids getting in and out.

I really can't figure out what would cause it.

Almost looks like the door got hit with tiny shards of glass or something. The different little scratches are contained within a few inches on the door, but the individual scratches go in different directions.

It's hard to describe and I don't have a picture of it, but I've never seen anything quite like it.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #24
ufocar
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHatch08 View Post
^
Nope it's not that. No kids getting in and out.

I really can't figure out what would cause it.

Almost looks like the door got hit with tiny shards of glass or something. The different little scratches are contained within a few inches on the door, but the individual scratches go in different directions.

It's hard to describe and I don't have a picture of it, but I've never seen anything quite like it.
ever seen what it looks like when someone throws a fist of pennies at your car? sounds like what you are describing.

I was in the dealership and saw a Yaris sedan come in with all the paint off the front end, like all of the plastic bumper had paint peeling off.. It was unconfirmed but a guy at the shop said he drove through a dust storm.

That being said, I have 8 small nicks on my hood well above the plastic bumper close to the center of my hood.. dont remember hitting anything.. i got 64k miles on my 08 yaris though.. highway

I also scratched my own paint with my fingure nail when i was removing cohesive under the yaris tag i removed. not very noticable but still cant believe i can scratch my paint off with a fingure nail .. on a hot day.

Besides the mismatching ugly dash light set up and the lose everything between the seats black holes, I love the car..
ufocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
Stephsly
I've made a post!

Drives: Silver 2007 Yaris
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris in Silver. Recently I noticed patches of paint damage appearing (please see my photos - which I don't know how to include.) The damage is more severe in some parts than others. I have not caused this damage and I'm not sure what has caused it. The car was in an accident 3 years ago and the panels that were replaced then are fine, all the rest of the panels, however, are not. What I'm wondering is if anyone else has seen or had the same problem. I'm really peeved at this as its only 5 years old.
Stephsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
swede

Drives: 07 SDN
I just started having this problem on my 2007 Yaris. Does anybody have any advice on how to make it stop, or any suggestions for doing something about it?

Last edited by swede; 09-14-2013 at 07:05 PM.
swede is offline   Reply With Quote