Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
The Turboed Life

Let's be honest with each other - you saw that title and just HAD to click this topic.

So this month, my Yaris turns 5 and a half. I've spent the last 32 months of that turbocharged, and I'd do it again every single time if I was given the chance. It's been a lot of fun (and incredibly stressful at times), and I still can't help but grin a little every time I start throwing down the boost.

Unfortunately, I've realized lately that I have pretty much completed the build I sought after. I have spacers I'll likely be installing this week, but other than that... It's really just seats, a new steering wheel, and projectors that remain. I suspect that's part of the reason I've become such a ghost here - apart from anything related to forced induction.

I definitely still anticipate many more years of turbocharged fun, but I doubt there will be many more mods.

So hey, since this is probably more or less the look I'll be rocking for some time to come, let me know what you think!

Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
How is everything running now? 32 months sounds like you've got it all chimed in.
Was following your turbo build in the other thread and you've definitely gone through a lot.
It was a very good read and I suggest others to read that while building their turbo Yaris.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Man I wish I could get your setup in my yaris, heh. But alas that will never happen unless I win some money in a lottery. :) Congratz on getting the exact setup you want and an awesomely fun ride.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #4
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
I didnt know you owned a sedan this whole time lol.

Where did you get that gauge pod?

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Nice thread bud. I really have gone back and forth myself on how far I will go with the car. I know that I still need to install my body kit, repaint the whole car, and install the custom fogs to go with it aesthetically. As for performance, well that for me is still open ended due to my goals. I think that I will honestly be able to say that I will have a journey still that noone else will embark on which is cool, yet at the same time be a pain because it will be a long time until I am at the humble satisfaction point that you are at.

Other than that ...what a shitty place to have a crease in the body...right there near the natural one from the factory...I have one too, but not as bad as yours. :(

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Oh yeah...just curious...have you thought about picking up that radiator paint in black or else actually picking up a black IC to have a more stealth look? The silver really sticks out more than I would have expected on a silver car.

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
How is everything running now? 32 months sounds like you've got it all chimed in.
At this point, it's as chimed in as it will ever be. I think I had everything running pretty smoothly within the first few months. I even have fuel maps for every season at this point. The problem is, anything can go wrong when you modify an engine so heavily, and it will... Many times over. Trust me.

Quote:
Where did you get that gauge pod?
I bought it from a member on here that used (I believe) the same fabricator fnkngrv used for his gauge pod. I'll dig through my past posts and see who I even purchased it from lol.

Edit: It was "camelll"

Quote:
Nice thread bud. I really have gone back and forth myself on how far I will go with the car. I know that I still need to install my body kit, repaint the whole car, and install the custom fogs to go with it aesthetically. As for performance, well that for me is still open ended due to my goals. I think that I will honestly be able to say that I will have a journey still that noone else will embark on which is cool, yet at the same time be a pain because it will be a long time until I am at the humble satisfaction point that you are at.

Other than that ...what a shitty place to have a crease in the body...right there near the natural one from the factory...I have one too, but not as bad as yours. :(
Thanks Adrian. I can definitely understand it being difficult to pinpoint your performance goals lol. If I hadn't bought the tC, I'd undoubtedly be craving more power out of the Yaris. I'm very content with my cars, and hope to start a huge build of my own within a few years, but don't mind the wait.

And yeah, the crease - I died a little bit inside that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Oh yeah...just curious...have you thought about picking up that radiator paint in black or else actually picking up a black IC to have a more stealth look? The silver really sticks out more than I would have expected on a silver car.
I've actually tried to shift to a more sleeper type look recently, but honestly, I really like the conspicuous intercooler. People need to know they're staring at a turbocharged Yaris
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Looks good! You need to try and get that dint out of the rear quarter though.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
And yeah, the crease - I died a little bit inside that day.
I feel your pain brother...I die a little more each time I have to look at the one I have.