Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #55
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Just a question;

In this vehicle's short life, has it ever been allowed out to really stretch its legs? I mean gone out and done a good long drive, getting up to decent uninterrupted cruising speeds. Or has it done nothing but short, slow trips?
Short drives for now, but I'm planning a long trip soon
Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 AM   #56
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Hard to properly break in a new vehicle if all it is doing since leaving the dealership is short hops.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #57
Kitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Hard to properly break in a new vehicle if all it is doing since leaving the dealership is short hops.
Not short hoops, actually I drive about 45km round trip, on a daily basis, weekends are a different story tho. But I will do a long trip soon, like I said

So I just came from the dealer and they said the timing is ok, the spark plugs wear looks normal and all the other values seem to be ok. However, they said the performance I reported is not normal. They said they will get the official fuel performance values from Toyota for that car and they will let me know. Meanwhile I should keep logging the numbers, I'll try to be as much precise as I can and I will also do a long trip to see how it goes. I did asked them to give me the test results and their comments written for further reference.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #58
Kitt

So, after several tanks and a visit to the dealer, the fuel performance improved. It is doing, if not close, the same as my 2005. I know some of you guys still say that my old one's fuel consumption is still high, and I believe that this is due to the fact that my cars are 1.3l engine (2nz).

Anyhow, I am not sure if things improved due to the fact that the engine is broken in, i've done some long distance trips, or the dealer did something on the ECU, things started to improve after they "checked" it. They told me that all the values were within the parameters but I think they did something to the ECU's programing.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #59
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Whatever the reason I'm glad to hear that the MPGs are up.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote