Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
narkeeso

Drives: White Yaris Liftback
What suspension for my driving?

So I've been reading pages and pages of threads only to confuse myself more on what suspensions offer the best ride for my driving conditions. So apologies ahead of time if this is a question that's already been posted if it has simply direct me to the proper thread.

My Yaris 07 LB is a daily driver, goes on the freeway everyday 25 miles back and forth. I do not race this car, nor do I take super fast turns. I drive no faster than 60 on the freeway.

However, I do want my ride lowered but without the rough ride. So based on what I've told (hopefully its enough info) what would you recommend?

TRD Struts + Lowering Springs?
Tein Coilovers?
Tanabe Lowering Springs + ________?

I'm fairly new to all this so I'm not sure which brand provides the type of ride I am looking for. I know a lot of you have enough experience to know what to expect from each brand.

Thanks ahead of time.
narkeeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Tein Basics
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
narkeeso

Damnit, I was hoping you wouldn't say that. :)
Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
BRIIIIIIICCKK! is a True Tein Zombie

I chose to keep my stock struts/shocks and get the Tanabe NF210s. From reading what people have said here it matched my current situation best, which is almost the same as yours.

But because I plan to autocross the car I'll get coilovers later. I am still a novice so I figure it's better to work on my driving techniques and get the expensive suspension later, when I really need it.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
kapo
Argentina Presente!

Drives: 07 White LB
coilovers... you can adjust it.
kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
truth is there are lots of options, you might be happy just grabbing a set of megan racing springs, there is a lot of life in your dampers and the lower ride heigth will feel much better than stock and improve your cornering to a degree

or you could go with the TRD stuff

anything is better than bone stock
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #7
narkeeso

Well my biggest concern isn't the performance really, it's the comfort. I just want to lower it without sacrificing comfort but if the Tein is the best for comfort/lowering I'm down with paying the premium.

However, if other brands can provide the comfort just as well but doesn't have great performance then I'd be okay with that too. So in order of priority, comfort, lowered, performance.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
Commodore Calderon

Drives: Yaris S Sedan
stick to springs instead of coilovers
Commodore Calderon is offline   Reply With Quote